Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe the nerve of the ones who get elected mhk on the assumption that they'll be there 5 years, and then jump ship to become mlc before the terms up. It's just sticking two fingers up to your electorates (keep saying it and they'll have to change the dictionary) but seems standard practice.

But it's given us the Douglas East thread five years ago and Amy this year.

OK, so I have watched this bloody thread for weeks now, I go out for a civilised dinner and come back and its all gone down. I have missed EVERYTHING

Can someone give me a minute by minute account of what has gone on seeing that FB has now been sanitised.

Best if its one of the girls, then I will get the full story - you blokes are useless at giving the goss thumbsup.gif

Girls - waiting with bated breath ( and a large glass of fizz tongue.pngbiggrin.png )

Well, all my neighbours have ripped up the cards put through their door, not even knowing which candidate posted them. On looking in the bin, it seems they are cards from some stalking horse called 'Official Poll Card', probably a foreigner. But my neighbours aren't fooled by this last ditch attempt to get votes, ha ha! Xxxx

IOMtoday has now printed what reads like a sick note from her mum on the front page about why she didn't turn up last night. Some of the comments made already are priceless. She just can't help being the victim in all of this. The psychology of the whole thing is just weird.

Yep, I bet some don't last that long.

One comment states her husband was supposedly at the meeting

Another comment from an Amy supporter states :

manxmax

12:45 PM on 20/05/2015

Well done Amy, not the meeting promised at all. Full of media, Lib Van, candidates of Douglas South and non of my questions answered. Good job I had a great discussion with Amy earlier in the week. 3 candidates with no concern but their own agendas

12:46 PM on 20/05/2015

Candidates of Douglas North. Oh and people not even on the electoral roll

How would Manxmax know who at the meeting was and was not on the electoral role?

Think you will find that Manxmax is her husband thumbsup.gif

IOMtoday has now printed what reads like a sick note from her mum on the front page about why she didn't turn up last night. Some of the comments made already are priceless. She just can't help being the victim in all of this. The psychology of the whole thing is just weird.

manxmax

Well done Amy, not the meeting promised at all. Full of media, Lib Van, candidates of Douglas South and non of my questions answered. Good job I had a great discussion with Amy earlier in the week. 3 candidates with no concern but their own agendas

How would Manxmax know who at the meeting was and was not on the electoral role?

Yep, I would put money on it - I just didn't want to come out and say that - he might tab me thumbsup.gif

Just catching up on the last few hours on there - he has been having a right good rant hasn't he !

The girl should have someone proof-read her press releases, they don't inspire much confidence smile.png .

Maybe Ernie Wise is working for her team?

Agreed.

Says she has 12 GCSE's; if that's correct then overhauling our education system must be her first priority if elected.

TBT.

The only concern is the faithful electrolytes, who have been met lots. They have some really, really interesting stories, each and everyone of them. No body is thinking about them, only one candidate. They totes ignored by the rest of the Lib Van orchestrated rendition meeting. I mean, OMG! I wish I could vote for someone! So unfair!!!! Does that help, BFFerrr? Xxxxxx

manxmax

Yep, I would put money on it - I just didn't want to come out and say that - he might tab me thumbsup.gif

Just catching up on the last few hours on there - he has been having a right good rant hasn't he !

Oh no....does this mean I could well have been tabbed. Nooooooooooooooooooo

Archived