Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, Amy is irrelevant - this result is indictment of Liberal Vannin (and party politics as a concept). It is not enough to just get on the Liberal Vannin bandwagon and expect to win an election based on Peter Karran's popularity. I actually think, as members of a party, they need to do more to distinguish themselves as individuals, which I fear is not really possible within the confines of a party system.

Good measured post JA-b

But paahh! It's only a by election. Roll on 2016.

Might be two more yet.

Can malarkey now stand for a vacant legco seat?

Great idea!

You could stand (if you could get a proposer or seconder in the Keys).

I could.

Amy could!

Love to know which Lodge Blackballed Roger Smelly, must be awful to feel so unwanted

Just opening a few eyes, or is that what you don't like ?

I think there has been a real positive to come out of this. I have never heard so many people at work or in the pub etc so interested in what has been happening in politics. The measure of course will be to see if the number of registered voters rise or if the turn out increases in future.

Still didn't get to see any norks though.

Feel sorry for Amy - first she is not a 'Chav' She grew up with a privileged lifestyle, and with a sense of entitlement. That is what led to her problems. The 'spoilt child' often turns into a Drama Queen and she may be the ultimate example of that. So perhaps blame the upbringing, not the person.

Her non-appearance at crucial events show someone frightened and worried about what she had got into. She needs some support from people with wisdom, not her Facebook 'friends' who do her no good.

On the up side, the fun is not yet over, as we all know now that by turning to those Facebook pages we can be entertained by watching a Drama Queen turning every tiny incident in her ordinary life into a full blown drama. It will be Big Brother all year round as a group of young ladies "Are you alright Hun" themselves into a frenzy of self absorption.

She would be well advised to take her personal life and family off Facebook - and that is good advice for everyone.

Think we both know this won't happen

Good measured post JA-b

But paahh! It's only a by election. Roll on 2016.

Might be two more yet.

Can malarkey now stand for a vacant legco seat?

Heh heh! No reason why not.

In fact, it would give him a guaranteed 5 years (just under), he only has 16 months now

He could have stood at any time, couldn't he?

You don't need to be an MHK to stand.

Edit to say "Satan" had covered this point before I posted.

I think there has been a real positive to come out of this. I have never heard so many people at work or in the pub etc so interested in what has been happening in politics. The measure of course will be to see if the number of registered voters rise or if the turn out increases in future.

Still didn't get to see any norks though.

Keep an eye on facebook...they'll be out in all their glory soon enough

^ Re Malarkey could have stood for LegCo. Yeah. He probably thought about it and was hanging about The Keys a few weeks ago, but probably more to see if Cretney got in.

This topic has had 20,000 views today. More than a murder or a disgraced Gov Minister doing stuff

If anything, Amy is irrelevant - this result is indictment of Liberal Vannin (and party politics as a concept). It is not enough to just get on the Liberal Vannin bandwagon and expect to win an election based on Peter Karran's popularity. I actually think, as members of a party, they need to do more to distinguish themselves as individuals, which I fear is not really possible within the confines of a party system.

TJ....normally I think you're a bit of an asshole (please don't take that personally).......but I think you have a point here. If Lib Vam can't even take this seat down........of all constituencies, then they are irrrelevant in Manx politics as it stands.

Give them time they have just got in, I cannot imagine Bill has grown a spine since his last appearance in the pantomime.

I guess the nations gain is the washing machines loss sorcerer.gif

TJ....normally I think you're a bit of an asshole (please don't take that personally).......but I think you have a point here. If Lib Vam can't even take this seat down........of all constituencies, then they are irrrelevant in Manx politics as it stands.

Bearing in mind the other MHK in this ward is ... an established Liberal Vannin member. Did they really need 2 candidates in the same ward?

Archived