Amy's in the race!

FACT

TBH, I feel sorrier for those on the receiving end of her and her supporters' bile.

I agree with this 100% Gladys, and I think we will see a lot more of this side of the lady in question and her supporters over the next days and weeks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TJ....normally I think you're a bit of an asshole (please don't take that personally).......but I think you have a point here. If Lib Vam can't even take this seat down........of all constituencies, then they are irrrelevant in Manx politics as it stands.

Hey, thanks for your moral approval, but I'm not TJ.

People are happy having a few token Liberal Vannin members in Tynwald but only to the extent that they hold the rest of Tynwald accountable with questions, etc. I don't think they've as yet convinced people that they have the competence or the quality of candidates to actually govern the island, which is why I think they've reached a peak in terms of numbers of candidates in office in the Keys. I think this applies to parties in general. People probably voted for Malarkey because it's a safe bet he'll just go along with the status quo - it's been said many times that people become more conservative a few minutes before voting. People try and play it safe. Unfortunately, maintaining the status quo might seem like the safe option, but it isn't - we are in perilous times and the status quo is exactly what is causing us problems. I hope people grow bigger balls in 2016 and try and vote for someone who isn't a status quo yes man/woman.

TJ....normally I think you're a bit of an asshole (please don't take that personally).......but I think you have a point here. If Lib Vam can't even take this seat down........of all constituencies, then they are irrrelevant in Manx politics as it stands.

Hey, thanks for your moral approval, but I'm not TJ.

People are happy having a few token Liberal Vannin members in Tynwald but only to the extent that they hold the rest of Tynwald accountable with questions, etc. I don't think they've as yet convinced people that they have the competence or the quality of candidates to actually govern the island, which is why I think they've reached a peak in terms of numbers of candidates in office in the Keys. I think this applies to parties in general. People probably voted for Malarkey because it's a safe bet he'll just go along with the status quo - it's been said many times that people become more conservative a few minutes before voting. Unfortunately, maintaining the status quo might seem like the automatically safe option, but we are in perilous times and the status quo is exactly what is causing us problems. I hope people grow bigger balls in 2016 and try and vote for someone who isn't a status quo yes man.

Never mind.......

Oh here's JessTickle to revel in the aftermath......paging tattsymcgee......

See you 2016.....

????? - I only have one account, sorry, you arebarking right up the wrong tree

I'm not going to lie, I am overjoyed she didn't win. I think she has behaved despicably over the last few weeks

Screw her, she brought it all on herself. Nobody is here to defend the Rudolph Hess of Manx politics.

Seems a little over the top?

Considering it was a relatively hastily put together campaign, and I think it's fair to say there's probably a few things she regrets doing and saying along the way, I would expect her to have another go. 273 votes is pretty respectable, if she plays it better next time, she could very well get in. Despite all the negativity that seems to have swirled around it, at least she did follow through and have a go.

Never mind.......

LOL. The point is, Liberal Vannin have reached a peak. What lessons can be learned, that is the real question?

I think Peter Karran and Kate Beecroft are both very good MHKs, and I always vote for Peter Karran, but I think party politics has no future on the island. I am sorry but that is my opinion.

Oh here's JessTickle to revel in the aftermath......paging tattsymcgee......

See you 2016.....

????? - I only have one account, sorry, you arebarking right up the wrong tree

I'm not going to lie, I am overjoyed she didn't win. I think she has behaved despicably over the last few weeks

I wasn't suggesting you were one in the same, just that one tends to mirror the other. The thread would support it I think....

And I agree on the behaviour of Mrs Burns. But there has been some behaviour on here which has been equally as despicable.

It's a failing of mine, but I tend to root for the underdog.

So Vote Amy 2016 ;)

Screw her, she brought it all on herself. Nobody is here to defend the Rudolph Hess of Manx politics.

Seems a little over the top?

Considering it was a relatively hastily put together campaign, and I think it's fair to say there's probably a few things she regrets doing and saying along the way, I would expect her to have another go. 273 votes is pretty respectable, if she plays it better next time, she could very well get in. Despite all the negativity that seems to have swirled around it, at least she did follow through and have a go.

I don't regard anything about her conduct, her campaign, or her attitude as 'respectable' in any way.

Well I'm off to the hot tub to drown my sorrows.

272 votes.....I hope they're all sectioned before one of them finds a sharp object. And take that, LibVan...you're on borrowed time. Admiral Doenitz can return to his U boat.

Democracy eh?

Archived