Amy's in the race!

FACT

Now that Malarkey has won, can anyone give a list of his accomplishments during his time in government?

Yes...here they are:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop spamming about who is TJ!

Malarky has an established support base, and people voted for the known quantity, the familiar face, regardless of politics. No surprises there. Most people make a decision to vote not based on policy but on personality and appearance. This has been shown in numerous studies. It's why Cameron is the new PM.

At least that mad woman Burns isn't in though. I almost thought she was going to get through on some sort of heretofore dormant social media vote. She certainly made a lot of noise in the run-up to the election but is clearly less intelligent than many non-human animals. "Empty vessels make the most noise," as the saying goes.

I think her addition was good, a break from the norm and I hope she learns from this and try's again, I say that for them all.

We need new faces and new ideas, the reason the island is in such a mess is down to the short sighted yes men.

Like her or not she got people talking and for that I say well done Amy thumbsup.gif

Amy - "On first glance to me it looks like its between Malarkey and Fitton... So Kurt and I are hitting the pub"

You see, when I see this humility and genuine side......I feel she could do an ok job.

Why didn't it emerge earlier?? With a decent campaign manager, nothing stopping her in 2016.

I saw something from Butch in a FB post somewhere that gave her some good advice about concentrating on her direct opponent (i.e Malarkey) than spats with Beecroft who isn't even up for election.....he has some knowledge about this stuff.

This post by Declan is interesting. He posted at 8:47, which means she posted this a little bit before, from inside the count which didn't finish until after 9. To communicate anything from within the count is an offence under the RoPA. Is there a chance Declan could put up a screenshot of the original post (I assume on her FB page) for use as evidence.

At least Amadeus can console himself with the fact he's no longer the least successful German in South Douglas. But not as much as Amy!

I don't know Kurt is a captain not sure barman / ship magician outranks that.

10/10 to you for coming on here, Amy. Your ad hoc account supporters/opponents have not prepared the ground well for you on here. But if you can post unemotionally and clearly state your case, the majority of the MF stalwarts will listen and similarly argue sensibly.

I have already stated my view and that has been informed by the reports from FB. However, I don't do dogma so am receptive to a good argument. I may be a mod, but first and foremost, I am a poster and actually value MF as a forum for debate. If you can demonstrate intelligence and reason on here, you may well swing that 60:40 opposition.

An invitation that wasn't taken up.

10/10 to you for coming on here, Amy. Your ad hoc account supporters/opponents have not prepared the ground well for you on here. But if you can post unemotionally and clearly state your case, the majority of the MF stalwarts will listen and similarly argue sensibly.

I have already stated my view and that has been informed by the reports from FB. However, I don't do dogma so am receptive to a good argument. I may be a mod, but first and foremost, I am a poster and actually value MF as a forum for debate. If you can demonstrate intelligence and reason on here, you may well swing that 60:40 opposition.

With all due respect, Gladys, this forum isn't exactly a place where intelligence and reason is welcome.

This post by Declan is interesting. He posted at 8:47, which means she posted this a little bit before, from inside the count which didn't finish until after 9. To communicate anything from within the count is an offence under the RoPA. Is there a chance Declan could put up a screenshot of the original post (I assume on her FB page) for use as evidence.

Who gives a shit?

With all due respect, Gladys, this forum isn't exactly a place where intelligence and reason is welcome.

I liked, ''....MF stalwarts will listen and similarly argue sensibly.''

Amy stated very early on in her campaign that she had been warned off coming anywhere near MF.

I guess that's why...?

Amy - "On first glance to me it looks like its between Malarkey and Fitton... So Kurt and I are hitting the pub"

You see, when I see this humility and genuine side......I feel she could do an ok job.

Why didn't it emerge earlier?? With a decent campaign manager, nothing stopping her in 2016.

I saw something from Butch in a FB post somewhere that gave her some good advice about concentrating on her direct opponent (i.e Malarkey) than spats with Beecroft who isn't even up for election.....he has some knowledge about this stuff.

That's a pretty pathetic post. Unsurprising that it was liked by those particular posters as well.

I'm with Mr Sausages. So what?? It didn't affect the outcome. She stood, she lost. Her campaign was awful, her manifesto equally so.

Life goes on and Amy returns to being a homemaker and probably quite a normal person.

So now even in defeat, there are still some who seek to carry on with the character assassination? It really is rather sad.

Archived