Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think a certain amount of kudos should be awarded to MR for the tagline "grass roots activist" used to describe Amy's political stance.

Says nothing. Speaks volumes...

Excellent. Well done.

I think she's shot her bolt when it comes to a political career, and based on my perception of Burns - I certainly hope so.

She's grown on me. I can see a future for the young lady in Manx politics. She's young, yes! And a tad naive, but weren't we all at some point! She can learn from this experience, and hone her political skills in preparation for future campaigns. Watch that space! cool.png

I think she's shot her bolt when it comes to a political career, and based on my perception of Burns - I certainly hope so.

She's grown on me. I can see a future for the young lady in Manx politics. She's young, yes! And a tad naive, but weren't we all at some point! She can learn from this experience, and hone her political skills in preparation for future campaigns. Watch that space! cool.png

On Manx Radio she said she would not be standing again.

I'm not sure a leopard can ever change its spots BUT a young family centered woman in politics that can relay her message in an astute way & avoid the mud slinging would certainly be in with a shout.

She needs an advisor.

I'd really like to help Amy. I think she has potential and I hope she isn't put off by these results but rather looks on the election as a learning exercise and goes forward to 2016.

I think her biggest mistake was the overuse, or even use, of social media. It really is retarded, and not necessary for an effective campaign. Even societal institutions fall into the trap of thinking a presence, ie any presence, is essential. Check this out for example! A lot of likes and thumbs up and stuff, but no less cringeworthy than what's been coming off Facebook during this election.

Archived