Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously Amy SHUT THE FUCK UP

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dirty-tricks-claims-dismissed/

.... I've been bullied (again)

Just what the hell. Let's save that clip for future use. It's a final audio nail in the coffin containing her short political career. Unbelievable.

Did she get more than you?

Amadeus had 219. Amy had 273. Amy is a 24.6% better politician.

You're not comparing like with like.

In Amadeus's vote people could vote for two candidates, but in Amy's only one.

Let's be generous and say he'd have got 60% first preference votes that's roughly 132. Amy's therefore twice the politician he is.

And we're both better politicians than most sniping keyboard warriors here. At least we got of the couch and tried. Your old dislike towards me getting the better of you again, Declan?

I was happy with the result and loved the experience. It taught me a lot about the island and the ways it really works. Hence I knew she wouldn't win, but I was hoping that LibVan had a stronger showing to keep Malarkey out. There's always 2016...

I would stand again myself in the near future but I'm not fancying a salary cut right now, so let's leave that until later in life maybe. Therein lies one of the problems as well: too many candidates see this as a job and a way to get decent money that they would very likely never make in their non-mhk jobs. On the other hand, the MHK salary is too low to get any proper business people to stand. People with international experience and the right brains to run IOM PLC. That's why you have a menswear salesman as CM. Ideally, you want some semi-retired business types who don't need the salary but care about the place. Things rarely work like that, though.

I think she's shot her bolt when it comes to a political career, and based on my perception of Burns - I certainly hope so.

She's grown on me. I can see a future for the young lady in Manx politics. She's young, yes! And a tad naive, but weren't we all at some point! She can learn from this experience, and hone her political skills in preparation for future campaigns. Watch that space! cool.png

On Manx Radio she said she would not be standing again.

Lets hope she sticks to that promise

126k views 273 votes. 10 million views and Amy would have been elected...er...

See, you're overestimating the importance of social media..... cool.png

Hardly.

You might just as accurately (ie inaccurately) claim 1200 views and she'd have been elected.

Amy Burns

Hi wooley, thanks for welcoming me. I am sure when I see something that takes my interest I will get stuck in. Been a mad week so haven't quite worked this forum out yet. Regards to my criticism of Manx forums I will say two things, one you all had impeccable timing, getting me on a bad day is an understatement. Two, my generalisation of Manx forums came from anger, it was aimed at a user I have noticed who likes to make things up about me as we have a history, really I should have direct...

who is that?

Archived