Amy's in the race!

FACT

IMO, Amy has not portrayed herself well throughout this election and if she is going to stand again, then I would hope that she learns from this and changes certain aspects of the way she's done things.

There are many cutting remarks in this thread and Amy has clearly alienated and underestimated the thoughts of people on here. This is a media outlet as much as Farcebook and whereas you can restrict people onto your personal site on FB, here is more open and to the jugular where you can have dividing viewpoints that can work either in favour or against you.

A big opportunity was for Amy to speak to the electorate at arranged if not impromptu meetings and any minor arrangement could have been put on hold as this was to a bigger audience. Failing to attend was IMO, a huge error as the public seemed to believe that Amy were avoiding them, yet this was a golden opportunity to show that she was the best candidate for the job. The three other candidates did not shine at the two meetings and if one did, I'd have expected a bigger margin of votes.

I am not a politician or public speaker and therefore my arguments are weak compared to those who've had a go and I respect people for doing so, but I would say that the obvious basic no-brainer goal is to attract votes and I'd expect that there are occasions where people may have to take a deep breath before thinking about throwing a retaliating response to an aggressive opponent.

If a reply is factual and stating that they didn't want to get involved with minor conflicts but at the same time getting the positiveness of your views across, then that's a win-win whereas if you are seen to be unprofessional, the wolves quickly see fresh meat to dig in to.

So Amy, it's up to you whether politics is for you or not, but if you do wish to return, then do read this thread carefully, find out why some stayed with you throughout and why some disliked you (some more obvious than others). Personally, I would be very careful as to how you use FB as some friends could be wolves in sheep's clothing

I have not met you, I'm not in the same voting area but do wish you and your family well.

It's too late. Burns has established a reputation that she will never shake off. Worse yet that reputation has been underwritten by her self by her behaviour and obviously 'chav' nature.

For Burns when it comes to a future in politics it's a case of 'Game Over'.

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't spawn expressions like 'doing a Burns' when someone tries for a thing they're not qualified or suited to do and making a fool of themselves in the process, or even people being 'a bit of a Burns' to imply being an extreme for of chav.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Amy has not portrayed herself well throughout this election and if she is going to stand again, then I would hope that she learns from this and changes certain aspects of the way she's done things.

There are many cutting remarks in this thread and Amy has clearly alienated and underestimated the thoughts of people on here. This is a media outlet as much as Farcebook and whereas you can restrict people onto your personal site on FB, here is more open and to the jugular where you can have dividing viewpoints that can work either in favour or against you.

A big opportunity was for Amy to speak to the electorate at arranged if not impromptu meetings and any minor arrangement could have been put on hold as this was to a bigger audience. Failing to attend was IMO, a huge error as the public seemed to believe that Amy were avoiding them, yet this was a golden opportunity to show that she was the best candidate for the job.

But IMO the reality is that there could probably not have been a worse candidate.

A big opportunity was for Amy to speak to the electorate at arranged if not impromptu meetings and any minor arrangement could have been put on hold as this was to a bigger audience. Failing to attend was IMO, a huge error as the public seemed to believe that Amy were avoiding them, yet this was a golden opportunity to show that she was the best candidate for the job.

But IMO the reality is that there could probably not have been a worse candidate.

I would like to think in my warm rosy world that people can change things for the better and learn from their mistakes as like that when taking exams, where if a person fails, then they learn from what they should or shouldn't have done and aim to pass them next time round.

It could be true that the damage is irreparable and that she will never change, but I still believe that people can make a difference if they learn to adapt and treat others with respect as they would like done to themselves.

To Sick moon - you're excluded from that comment :) You're just mischievous

GsvB4e9.png

Ok..............and............ACTION............!

caption competition before the lock?

"room for one more"

"take 2 blokes into the shower"

"acting like a pro to the end"

"2 blokes one bucket"

GsvB4e9.png

Ok..............and............ACTION............!

caption competition before the lock?

"room for one more"

"take 2 blokes into the shower"

"acting like a pro to the end"

"2 blokes one bucket"

Neither funny nor necessary.

Archived