Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are them two blokes?

don't know the one on the right, but I've heard the guy on the left before whilst on a night out, in fact if you're at the same venue and perhaps even next door you can't help but hear him.

"Balla-De-Yoxall Heights".....

Speaks volumes......

Is that really where Burns lives?

It's awful!

It's the name of the father's/family home, halfway down the hill Douglas side of Laxey. Was previously called "Balla" something or other, he renamed it in accordance with his (bought) title and what he felt to be his position in society, presumably.

I knew a man who worked on the house, wasn't too impressed with Lord DY, "ideas above his station", I think is the expression.

Spent a lot of time trying to line up the edge of his briefcase with the grout lines in the kitchen floor tiles when he put it down apparently, bit of an OCD type.

Is it not worth closing this thread now the election is over? All people can post now is insults as all election activity has stopped: and just about every one of those has been done now. She has been thankfully relegated to the history books. An obnoxious candidate and a throughly obnoxious campaign has stopped. Common sense won out and she wasn't even in the running on the day. Should we just leave it at that? It's a bit like Beetlejuice: nobody should risk naming Amy three times on MF otherwise there's a risk she might appear from the dead again.

Is it not worth closing this thread now the election is over? All people can post now is insults as all election activity has stopped: and just about every one of those has been done now. She has been thankfully relegated to the history books. An obnoxious candidate and a throughly obnoxious campaign has stopped. Common sense won out and she wasn't even in the running on the day. Should we just leave it at that? It's a bit like Beetlejuice: nobody should risk naming Amy three times on MF otherwise there's a risk she might appear from the dead again.

Love the irony ... Let's close the thread owing to nothing but insults since the election. Before we do though, I'll just slip a few more digs in to be safe.

Brilliant!

ok

Do I know you fella? Did you used to be a plumber called Ian Curry? I remember painting your house about 30 years ago. Just me and me van and me ladders. You were a funny fella. Sounded like that bloke from Black Sabbath. The one with the glasses. Someone told me later that you'd been elected to the House of Lords or something. Thought it was odd. They're just a bunch of jousters them fellas. But them's were the eighties and we were all earning good money then. Not like now. Funny old world.

Archived