Amy's in the race!

FACT

I do wonder how well she'd be able to work with the councillors, after the posted allegations that one of them was a paedophile. I don't think she'd necessarily get a warm welcome from data protection or the communications commission either, after the 'tabbing IP addresses' fiasco. As for heading up a trade mission to China after the recent work to build crucial relationships in Wuxi, would she remember not to use the word 'Chinky' ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chinky wouldn't matter anyway. Remember that you can use offensive terminology in Tynwald and it will be edited out of Hansard. Remember Eddie Lowey and "ragheadgate"?

He was actually nicer than that - I believe the word used was towelhead.

Really?

That's disgusting. They're not towels that they wear, or rags. They're little sheets.

Sadly, no. The use of the word sheet first came about as a racist joke that circulated widely some years ago and that I remembered because it was appropriate then and even more so these days.

I totally agree. What a shame more people don't realise what is happening

Nice to know we agree on this :)

Sadly, no. The use of the word sheet first came about as a racist joke that circulated widely some years ago and that I remembered because it was appropriate then and even more so these days.

Nice to know we agree on this smile.png

I edited to highlight the inherent racist in your supposed joke, you edited to make it look I agree which I most certainly don't. However, you then agreed with your false statement pretending to me from me, which in a bizarre way confirms that you are a racist. Not that it comes as a big surprise.

Homarus - what is this link with "common people" you claim?

It's a bit like that Pulp song in Amy's case given her background:

Smoke some fags and play some pool

pretend you never went to school.

But still you'll never get it right

'cos when you're laid in bed at night watching roaches climb the wall

If you call your Dad he could stop it all

Pretending to be a chav so you can pretend you have the common touch really doesn't work.

Sums it up pretty well. I'm struggling to see much reality to this campaign. It looks like someone from a reasonably well off background doing a very good impression of engaging with the council house voters of South Douglas backed by a social media army of malcontents.

Not this Malcontent.

Nice to know we agree on this :)

I edited to highlight the inherent racist in your supposed joke, you edited to make it look I agree which I most certainly don't. However, you then agreed with your false statement pretending to me from me, which in a bizarre way confirms that you are a racist. Not that it comes as a big surprise.

Sonny boy, if you can't take it then don't give it.

When it comes to racism you wouldn't recognise it if it were to bite you on your no doubt ample backside.

Islam is NOT a race.

Homarus - what is this link with "common people" you claim?

It's a bit like that Pulp song in Amy's case given her background:

Smoke some fags and play some pool

pretend you never went to school.

But still you'll never get it right

'cos when you're laid in bed at night watching roaches climb the wall

If you call your Dad he could stop it all

Pretending to be a chav so you can pretend you have the common touch really doesn't work.

Sums it up pretty well. I'm struggling to see much reality to this campaign. It looks like someone from a reasonably well off background doing a very good impression of engaging with the council house voters of South Douglas backed by a social media army of malcontents.

Not this Malcontent.

Sorry I wasn't having a dig at you for being a malcontent or being connected with whoever is standing.

Archived