Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aimes and all she represents simply mirrors the majority younger electorate at large.

The more mature constituent may feel this behaviour is crass, vacuous and bordering on moronic and they would be right in my view.

I blame the educational and political establishment over the last 30 years odd for propagating the blatant untruth that all these "darlings" are winners and are capable of greatness in the absence of meaningful criticism. They are taught and truly unwaveringly believe they are all winners despite evidence to the contrary.

Aimes as with many "entitled" generation seriously believes with stoic conviction they can achieve anything because this is what has been drummed into them since kindergarten.

This is sadly the start of a rash of 30 something and less clowns without shame who feel they have something substantial and meaningful to contribute to politics blubbering, threatening and bullshitting their way forward. They will merely fob off the truth as some old fart blabbing about nothing rather than have the wit to realise their often limited ability to deliver anything.

If Aimes is elected and I hope she is it will only hasten the mass insurrection by normal law abiding folks who have had enough. If she is elected and she is no worse than many clowns before over 30 years albeit potentially too crude or perhaps too modern for the mature electorate then this tells you all you need to know about monas fair isle if you didn't already know it.

I guess my ip has been tabbed

I need to know her policy towards the Chinese Government.

Doesn't sound too positive Alan. Apparently only the other night she 'went for' a Chinky.

I was hoping for a pro China Manx Government Albert.

I was thinking I could maybe get a job out of it.

Aimes and all she represents simply mirrors the majority younger electorate at large.

The more mature constituent may feel this behaviour is crass, vacuous and bordering on moronic and they would be right in my view.

Do the likes of Houghton represent the more mature constituents you talk of?

I don't think she's doing it herself, necessarily, but I think her followers constantly accusing anyone who criticises her of being a bully and turning it into a personal thing is ultimately detrimental to her position rather than anybody else's. She needs to stick to the issues. If she is to be taken seriously, she should look to refine her output and try to reach out to potential constituents who have been put off by some of her social media blunders. The "chinky" comment is a good example. Now, nobody is suggesting she's a racist, I don't think, but it was certainly a poor choice of wording from a political candidate - a little more care about how your words may be perceived by others wouldn't go amiss. This is not an attack but a constructive criticism. As it currently stands, I wouldn't vote for her, but nobody is perfect and we're all learning, so if she works on her output more carefully and refines it, it will put her in a better position.

Mispelled detrimental!

The campaign trail begins!! One thing I was wondering, are the electoral regulations in play for a bye-election? i.e - declaring where posters and paraphernalia has been printed etc.?

2A8hzPG.jpg

Yes

This is as good a reason as any to ban caravans FFS

A good question to ask Burns whenever she comes out with some proposal is where is the money to come from.

Anyone can run up a list of 'it would be nice to / be better / would help' things and no doubt the intellectually challenged incapable of remembering their own name if people didn't keep shouting at them (sorry Tolkien) will think 'mmm, yes, I'll vote for her to get that' without a moments thought that it would have to be paid for and not a care how.

The danger is that Burns will play on the gullibility and stupidity of such low brow types and be given access to real power as a result.

Do our politicians not ALL do this? I reckon a goodly percentage of the electorate couldn't even name the CM most of the time, let alone who holds which ministerial responsibility.

The lack of interest in local politics by the masses is quite shocking, there's absolutely no inkling by far too many people as to what's going on on the island, most concerns seem to extend to dogshit and fag butts on the pavements and who got a kicking in the pub last Friday and no further. The only time alarm bells even remotely seem to start to ring is when it directly impacts on people, such as their bennies being cut. Even then they're not interested in the whys and hows, only that they're being cut!

This lack of interest and awareness has got to be behind a) who's been voted in, in the past and b) the almighty mess we're in at the moment. "We" have only ourselves to blame.

A good question to ask Burns whenever she comes out with some proposal is where is the money to come from.

Anyone can run up a list of 'it would be nice to / be better / would help' things and no doubt the intellectually challenged incapable of remembering their own name if people didn't keep shouting at them (sorry Tolkien) will think 'mmm, yes, I'll vote for her to get that' without a moments thought that it would have to be paid for and not a care how.The danger is that Burns will play on the gullibility and stupidity of such low brow types and be given access to real power as a result.

Do our politicians not ALL do this? I reckon a goodly percentage of the electorate couldn't even name the CM most of the time, let alone who holds which ministerial responsibility.

The lack of interest in local politics by the masses is quite shocking, there's absolutely no inkling by far too many people as to what's going on on the island, most concerns seem to extend to dogshit and fag butts on the pavements and who got a kicking in the pub last Friday and no further. The only time alarm bells even remotely seem to start to ring is when it directly impacts on people, such as their bennies being cut. Even then they're not interested in the whys and hows, only that they're being cut!

This lack of interest and awareness has got to be behind a) who's been voted in, in the past and b) the almighty mess we're in at the moment. "We" have only ourselves to blame.

I think that you're right but on top of that there are obviously very few people elected to The Keys who have the first idea of what they are getting themselves into and are exploited by those who do know how to play the system.

Archived