Amy's in the race!

FACT

Because she dared....

Who dares wins Rodders! But has she dared or has she been given the green card to go for it? That would be my only question. Without trying to be personally critical I said above that it's a sad fact but a lot of people in her age group (and lower) have Facebook pages just like that. I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read. They should know better but they don't. It doesn't bode well for any role in public life though. But maybe that aspect should be parked because something more fundamental is going on here. The social media aspect is diverting attention from some of the real issues. This is a take over bid. Pure and simple. Please stop focussing on the Facebook persona. The puppet masters need to show their cards on this or be pushed into a position where they have to.

And there lies the reason I for one do not have/never had a Facebook page! If I use Facebook I use my husband's account and sign it by me!

I agree with YY although I have to admit that I do have a FB account but because of the way it works, slightly write on the cautious side. 1 to 1 is ok as like an email

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ manxy, I'm even cautious over emails - they can come back and bite you in the ass! (unless you happen to send them to a computer geek who screen everything)

As for Facebook, there isn't a photo of me anywhere on any of my husband / friends sites which identify me at all. I'm not against the whole idea, it's just I'm not particularly fond of everyone knowing my life and what I'm doing next - unless you know me and then it doesn't bother me, I've not much to hide!

Because she dared....

I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read.

I know of one young person who, within the last 2 years, went for an interview with a major player in the City of London and, whilst being interviewed, was presented with printed copies of pictures they themselves had placed on their Facebook page showing them unconscious in a restaurant due to alcohol consumption. The interviewer asked whether the candidate felt that this behaviour was compatible with the professional image that the company wished to present. She didn't get the job.

Because she dared....

I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read.

I know of one young person who, within the last 2 years, went for an interview with a major player in the City of London and, whilst being interviewed, was presented with printed copies of pictures they themselves had placed on their Facebook page showing them unconscious in a restaurant due to alcohol consumption. The interviewer asked whether the candidate felt that this behaviour was compatible with the professional image that the company wished to present. She didn't get the job.

The interviewers must have had a lot of spare time to go to that much trouble over someone they'd already decided they wouldn't employ.

lol, good point, sausages. But why would anyone want to work for a company that petty and control-freaky? I'd happily employ someone who gets drunk and goes unconscious and has a laugh as long as they have a proven track record when they're at work. What they do outside of work would be none of my business unless they're out molesting kids or something criminal.

What they do outside of work would be none of my business unless they're out molesting kids or something criminal.

In which case Isaac, you would be a more liberal employer than many these days.

Because she dared....

The interviewers must have had a lot of spare time to go to that much trouble over someone they'd already decided they wouldn't employ.

Believe me people in Human Resources have a lot of time to waste checking this stuff. The best I saw was a girl who admitted sucking her boyfriend off in the toilets at work on Facebook. Equally classy. But please don't focus on the Facebook element here. There is much more going on than meets the eye. The puppet masters need to stake their claim. This is not a case of what you see is what you get.

I appreciate the people recruiting will check out facebook and google - I've done it myself. Just find it hard to believe that they'd go to the trouble of bringing someone in for an interview after seeing something that makes them decide not to employ them. Or printing it all off to humiliate them. Who'd want to work with someone who did that?

Because she dared....

Why would they call her to interview if it was already a foregone conclusion? Being drunk and falling asleep at a table is surely not that bad a thing really perhaps they wanted to see how she would react rather than it being a deal breaker.

Believe me people in Human Resources have a lot of time to waste checking this stuff. The best I saw was a girl who admitted sucking her boyfriend off in the toilets at work on Facebook. Equally classy.

I'm somewhat confused here. Are the people posting these things posting them publicly or are these Human Resource saddos engaging in hacking to access material which is not otherwise shared publicly?

Believe me people in Human Resources have a lot of time to waste checking this stuff. The best I saw was a girl who admitted sucking her boyfriend off in the toilets at work on Facebook. Equally classy.

I'm somewhat confused here. Are the people posting these things posting them publicly or are these Human Resource saddos engaging in hacking to access material which is not otherwise shared publicly?

It's common practice to look at people's public Facebook profiles etc, I've done it myself before interviewing applicants. I don't think JAB is suggesting that they are hacking the accounts?

You seem not to appreciate how the recruitment process works these days. What has been picked up about Amy here is only what would be picked up by any HR Dept for any private sector job applicant. If they choose to publish such stuff publicly, then it will more than likely be picked up and used to support their application (or not). Therefore I don't see huge issues in what's been picked up so far as its what's generally discussed in HR meetings across the IOM. Can we please focus on who gave the green light to all of this and not her awful Facebook page.

Archived