Amy's in the race!

FACT

Because she dared....

I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read.

I know of one young person who, within the last 2 years, went for an interview with a major player in the City of London and, whilst being interviewed, was presented with printed copies of pictures they themselves had placed on their Facebook page showing them unconscious in a restaurant due to alcohol consumption. The interviewer asked whether the candidate felt that this behaviour was compatible with the professional image that the company wished to present. She didn't get the job.

The interviewers must have had a lot of spare time to go to that much trouble over someone they'd already decided they wouldn't employ.

........ please don't focus on the Facebook element here. There is much more going on than meets the eye. The puppet masters need to stake their claim. This is not a case of what you see is what you get.

More information please JAB.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because she dared....

I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read.
I know of one young person who, within the last 2 years, went for an interview with a major player in the City of London and, whilst being interviewed, was presented with printed copies of pictures they themselves had placed on their Facebook page showing them unconscious in a restaurant due to alcohol consumption. The interviewer asked whether the candidate felt that this behaviour was compatible with the professional image that the company wished to present. She didn't get the job.

The interviewers must have had a lot of spare time to go to that much trouble over someone they'd already decided they wouldn't employ.

........ please don't focus on the Facebook element here. There is much more going on than meets the eye. The puppet masters need to stake their claim. This is not a case of what you see is what you get.

It's a shame we have no independent press.

Because she dared....

It's a shame we have no independent press.

Nor will we have any time soon.

Can we please focus on who gave the green card to her plastering pictures the signs all over Pulrose and not her awful Facebook page. Paging Lego head to this thread.

Proof she plastered them? She isn't responsible for what other people do with her promotional material.

Is Amy one of those lizards who keeps pretending the earth is a globe and tricks us into using our NAME?

No, she doesn't live in Norfolk.

Because she dared....

Why would they call her to interview if it was already a foregone conclusion? Being drunk and falling asleep at a table is surely not that bad a thing really perhaps they wanted to see how she would react rather than it being a deal breaker.

If the invitation for interview had gone out before tranching social sites which would make perfect sense the withdrawal of the invitation could cause problems especially if they were dealing with an ethnic.

Is Amy one of those lizards who keeps pretending the earth is a globe and tricks us into using our NAME?

No, she doesn't live in Norfolk.

As an aside over the last 4 weeks I've actually met two other ex pat Manx families here, and heard of another five within 15 miles radius. North Norfolk is a very popular place to move to, it's less expensive than the South West of England, and although colder in Winter it's much dryer.

But Burns policies are singularly 'chav'. They are also unaffordable and unrealistic.

Source, or have you just made that up?

Based entirely on what she's spouted in the past, As for unrealistic and unaffordable - that is self evident. It's a path to austerity that must be trod, not even more freebies paid for --- but from where? The money simply isn't there to be spent.

Malarky will be laughing his socks off with this thread...as he busily sneaks in.

If she indeed has the Cretney camp behind her then it's lights out for Bandwagon Bill. Ideally I wouldn't want to see either elected but it's a matter of realities and choosing the smaller of two evils.

Malarky will be laughing his socks off with this thread...as he busily sneaks in.

If she indeed has the Cretney camp behind her then it's lights out for Bandwagon Bill. Ideally I wouldn't want to see either elected but it's a matter of realities and choosing the smaller of two evils.

Why do you limit it to these two airheads from the UK, when there is also a German guy in the running? Personally, I'd rather see a local person make a stand than yet another off-island "expert" in our government.

On the plus side, whoever gets the golden ticket to the gravy train will only have a very limited time to prove there worth or not.

Wild Bill has already proven how useless and ineffectual he was so does it really matter too much whomsoever manages to attain election as long as it is not him.whatever.gif

Archived