Amy's in the race!

FACT

Economical Development! Love it..... ; ))

Ummm. I actually read the manifesto out of curiosity, as it came online. It clearly said economic development.

I'm not a Douglas voter but was interested to see what all the back biting and bitching was about. To be honest, pretty good manifesto... You'd do well to all read it for what it says and not for what you can find fault with.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm. I actually read the manifesto out of curiosity, as it came online. It clearly said economic development.

I'm not a Douglas voter but was interested to see what all the back biting and bitching was about. To be honest, pretty good manifesto... You'd do well to all read it for what it says and not for what you can find fault with.

It's a load of waffle.

If Mrs Spook has no plans for tomorrow I'll work my way through it and show where and why it's rubbish.

Really, if that's the best Burns can do she should quit before she is made to look a total prawn.

Lack of factual information and source information to back up or indeed laid down plans to address anything.

There are some stretches in her "about me" section although beefing up a CV is quite normal. Not living up to the honest part though.

Still not painting a true picture of herself and those that know of her antics wouldn't trust her at all.

She has had public/private run ins with some of the people who she mentions that she wants to protect. Very hypocritical.

You clearly have a personal vendetta here. Are you the man she left at the alter

To be honest, pretty good manifesto... .

Whereas, I grant you, Manx politics has a fine record of producing absolute howler manifestos, by what measure can you possibly describe this avalanche of cliche, hyperbole and pap as "pretty good"?

Lack of factual information and source information to back up or indeed laid down plans to address anything.

There are some stretches in her "about me" section although beefing up a CV is quite normal. Not living up to the honest part though.

Still not painting a true picture of herself and those that know of her antics wouldn't trust her at all.

She has had public/private run ins with some of the people who she mentions that she wants to protect. Very hypocritical.

You clearly have a personal vendetta here. Are you the man she left at the alter

It's altar.

Please illuminate us more? The manifesto says nothing but bland statements about things we already know are wrong with the Island. It offers no suggested remedial actions, no solutions, and little of substance by way of suggestions regarding how she would address these problems? There's a bomb gone off in government pensions apparently and government need to deal with it: no shit? Tell me something I don't know. Also tell me how you would fix this bomb. Anyone can point things out that are wrong.

It's altar.

I got no GCSEs

Ha! Ha! Edited so quickly. Good to see they're watching!

Please illuminate us more? The manifesto says nothing but bland statements about things we already know are wrong with the Island. It offers no suggested remedial actions, no solutions, and little of substance by way of suggestions regarding how she would address these problems? There's a bomb gone off in government pensions apparently and government need to deal with it: no shit? Tell me something I don't know. Also tell me how you would fix this bomb. Anyone can point things out that are wrong.

If you look at any MHK that has come before her you will see their manifestos offer no solutions either. Probably has something to do with keeping it to the point and not boring the shite out the electorate you would be great at that. On her website I see there is a ask any question function why not use it?

Are you her proof reader?

Are you her proof reader?

Rumbled

If you look at any MHK that has come before her you will see their manifestos offer no solutions either. Probably has something to do with keeping it to the point and not boring the shite out the electorate you would be great at that. On her website I see there is a ask any question function why not use it?

Thanks for the insult. I asked a fair question and back came your surly semi literate reply. Are you her campaign manager? As I said anyone can point out things that are wrong. Most politicians are keen to sell solutions to the voters not tell them about things they already know.

I haven't verified what is on that website because I can't be bothered setting up a Hotmail account just to view it.

On the presumption that what slinky has posted is actually from her website (and I have no reason to doubt it is not) there seems to be a couple of differences in her qualifications

Website says:

I was raised in Laxey and educated at Laxey Primary School then Queen Elizabeth II High School in Peel. From the Island education system I achieved 12 GCSE grades all C and above. I then attended the Isle of Man college of Further Education studying Beauty Therapy, Anatomy and a Physiology and Business Management diploma which has all added to my experience of life and business life alike.

She seems to have omitted from the above, her first class honours degree in Tax Law & Taxation that she includes on LinkedIn.

Yet another change has been made to her LinkedIn profile.

One of the 5 languages she states she is fluent in, she has now changed to SARCASM.

So as not to upset our new poster, microcock, here is the link

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131637728&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=xj8N&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2Cidx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1430173187491%2Ctas%3Aamy%20burns

Bloody untrue

Ha! Ha! Edited so quickly. Good to see they're watching!

Wonder what the one with the printer says?

Archived