Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a Douglas voter but was interested to see what all the back biting and bitching was about. To be honest, pretty good manifesto... You'd do well to all read it for what it says and not for what you can find fault with.

Please illuminate us more? The manifesto says nothing but bland statements about things we already know are wrong with the Island. It offers no suggested remedial actions, no solutions, and little of substance by way of suggestions regarding how she would address these problems? There's a bomb gone off in government pensions apparently and government need to deal with it: no shit? Tell me something I don't know. Also tell me how you would fix this bomb. Anyone can point things out that are wrong.

If you look at any MHK that has come before her you will see their manifestos offer no solutions either. Probably has something to do with keeping it to the point and not boring the shite out the electorate you would be great at that. On her website I see there is a ask any question function why not use it?

Thanks for the insult. I asked a fair question and back came your surly semi literate reply. Are you her campaign manager? As I said anyone can point out things that are wrong. Most politicians are keen to sell solutions to the voters not tell them about things they already know.

Give me a manifesto example?

The Positive Action Group has all of them from the last election.

Alfie Cannans is particularly good. Note his use of the words "I will" and then the list of things he says he will do to make some of the issues he raises better

http://www.positiveactiongroup.org/index.php?option=com_attachments&task=download&id=94

Contrast this to Amy's list of things that are wrong (that we already know are wrong) and then a list of ... Well sod all really.

ok point taken, still will vote for her though

You're just being picky now - when she said 'pyramid' she really meant any kind of ancient, monolithic structure built by thousands of dispensible workers.

How does she reconcile being a strong advocate of a pyramid-shaped hierarchical system, and on the other hand ostensibly believing in democracy?

Julian A-B, you've clearly missed this bit of detailed policy -

"I would propose some kind of external public committee to investigate the shocking revelations that have come about regarding Nobles Hospital."

Julian A-B, you've clearly missed this bit of detailed policy -

"I would propose some kind of external public committee to investigate the shocking revelations that have come about regarding Nobles Hospital."

What could be clearer than that? We need, you know, some kind of ... thing.

No, Jess, you're not jealous of her - you're jealous of ME!

Go on admit it!

Glad, you have me rumbled

I'm not only jealous of you, I'm obsessed too.

Whilst you're at work tomorrow, in between me doing nothing (because I have no job) and looking after my non existent child, I'm going to set up 3 LinkedIn accounts in your name.

That'll learn ya thumbsup.gif

Edit - spelling, too much faceache

Archived