Amy's in the race!

FACT

"We need to stop putting so many people through the court system at a huge cost for crimes that are not necessarily needed and in need of the grand scale cost that is incurred. "

Why are we taking people to court who commit unnecessary crimes?

But some crimes might be needed? That's how I read it. So she doesn't want to bother charging people with all these unnecessary crimes. Just the necessary ones because they're the real problem. Completely frivilous crime should always go unpunished.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Jess, you're not jealous of her - you're jealous of ME!

Go on admit it!

Glad, you have me rumbled

I'm not only jealous of you, I'm obsessed too.

Whilst you're at work tomorrow, in between me doing nothing (because I have no job) and looking after my non existent child, I'm going to set up 3 LinkedIn accounts in your name.

That'll learn ya thumbsup.gif

Edit - spelling, too much faceache

Scary lady. I will see you the next time you pop in Laxey dentist until then happy stalking

"We should have a publicly elected Chief Minister at election time."

"All members of the Legislative Council should be publicly elected on their mandate. Doing so every five years around election times would be an ideal way to do this."

"The budget system process at present is unfit for purpose."

This is Vaderesque.

No, Jess, you're not jealous of her - you're jealous of ME!

Go on admit it!

Glad, you have me rumbled

I'm not only jealous of you, I'm obsessed too.

Whilst you're at work tomorrow, in between me doing nothing (because I have no job) and looking after my non existent child, I'm going to set up 3 LinkedIn accounts in your name.

That'll learn ya thumbsup.gif

Edit - spelling, too much faceache

Scary lady. I will see you the next time you pop in Laxey dentist until then happy stalking

Look forward to it

What's the going rate for a well built close circuit stadium these days?

What's the going rate for a well built close circuit stadium these days?

I am sure with your extensive abilities to google and research you can find out. Or just like making up a Linkedin page, make it up

I was thinking before it's just like reading vader's posts.

Well it's certainly not Alistair Campbell, and not even Cretney. Its a bit like someone sat down and drew up a list of things that piss them off and then wrote 'Manifesto' at the top of the piece of paper. There is not one suggestion regarding things that need to be done to change things (odd for someone standing in a mandate of change).

Oh, and elections usually happen around election time. So if you are proposing that we publicly elect a Chief Minister and Legco I would suggest that 'around election time' sounds about right to me. I suppose that's sort of a recommendation. Let's elect people round about election time.

I was thinking before it's just like reading vader's posts.

Well it's certainly not Alistair Campbell, and not even Cretney. Its a bit like someone sat down and drew up a list of things that piss them off and then wrote 'Manifesto' at the top of the piece of paper. There is not one suggestion regarding things that need to be done to change things (odd for someone standing in a mandate of change).

Oh, and elections usually happen around election time. So if you are proposing that we publicly elect a Chief Minister and Legco I would suggest that 'around election time' sounds about right to me. I suppose that's sort of a recommendation. Let's elect people round about election time.

May your god go with you

I didn't think the manifesto was that bad. Yes it was vague but this is someone with no political experience whatsoever so she won't yet understand the means by which she can achieve those ends. I don't think grammatical weakness is a real issue - I'm a total grammar pedant who can't wait to jump on a fused participle when a gerund should have been used, but she's not standing to be an English teacher. Karran is, in my view, a very effective constituency MHK and yet he makes John Prescott look like Cicero. Bigging herself up in her manifesto is what she's meant to do, isn't it?

I wouldn't vote for her - the IP address tabbing thing alone makes me think she's a little too keen on vengeance to be trusted with too much influence, but the kicking she is getting here is a bit unfair, particularly given that only one forum regular has ever had the stones to stand for election

I didn't think the manifesto was that bad. Yes it was vague but this is someone with no political experience whatsoever so she won't yet understand the means by which she can achieve those ends. I don't think grammatical weakness is a real issue - I'm a total grammar pedant who can't wait to jump on a fused participle when a gerund should have been used, but she's not standing to be an English teacher. Karran is, in my view, a very effective constituency MHK and yet he makes John Prescott look like Cicero. Bigging herself up in her manifesto is what she's meant to do, isn't it?

I wouldn't vote for her - the IP address tabbing thing alone makes me think she's a little too keen on vengeance to be trusted with too much influence, but the kicking she is getting here is a bit unfair, particularly given that only one forum regular has ever had the stones to stand for election

2 forum regulars that I know of ?

Archived