Amy's in the race!

FACT

I'm most impressed with the 12 GCSE's at grade C and above. The sign of a true political heavyweight…

If that is what Burns wrote in connection with her qualification to be an MHK - and I've not looked to see if it IS what she claims - then it's both incredibly funny and at the same time incredibly tragic.

If it is then it shows that Burns has not the slightest idea of what is required to be an elected representative in a Parliament, even The Keys, and underlines just how unsuitable person she is for that role.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is what Burns wrote in connection with her qualification to be an MHK - and I've not looked to see if it IS what she claims - then it's both incredibly funny and at the same time incredibly tragic.

If it is then it shows that Burns has not the slightest idea of what is required to be an elected representative in a Parliament, even The Keys, and underlines just how unsuitable person she is for that role.

It's not all she put. Why don't you just read it if you're so interested? It's all copied and pasted in this thread.

It's not all she put. Why don't you just read it if you're so interested? It's all copied and pasted in this thread.

I will Mr.S. It's not so much interest now, it's become a morbid curiosity as to just how much more Burns can do in demonstrating just how unsuitable she is for the role as MHK. It's like Jeremy Kyle incarnate.

I've decided that given it is only a year or so until the general election and she won't have to chance to get anything done then the good people of Douglas South should elect her for a laugh. Especially if her opening speech in the Keys matches her first status update on here......

...."Finally a member, no idea what I am doing though"

Because she dared....

I know recruiters who go straight for the FB profile and some are simply horrific. That demographic have absolutely no sense of propriety or common sense when posting self confessional shit about themselves on social media for others to read.

I know of one young person who, within the last 2 years, went for an interview with a major player in the City of London and, whilst being interviewed, was presented with printed copies of pictures they themselves had placed on their Facebook page showing them unconscious in a restaurant due to alcohol consumption. The interviewer asked whether the candidate felt that this behaviour was compatible with the professional image that the company wished to present. She didn't get the job.

The interviewers must have had a lot of spare time to go to that much trouble over someone they'd already decided they wouldn't employ.

Again point taken.

But Mrs TBT (HR trained) observes that it may be an internal application (i.e. relatively easy to research) where Management are justifying their position of awarding the position to another candidate.

Possibly to the point of subtly indicating a necessary behavioural change before reapplying for future positions.

TBT.

If Amy achieves as much media coverage elsewhere as she does on here, she has the by-election won I'd say

Expect to see her in charge of the Communications Commission in a matter of months

Less coverage would get her more votes.

...."Finally a member, no idea what I am doing though"

David Quirk on his 7th attempt?

Any Terrier scores 10 for tenacity, but with a corresponding low score for intelligence.

Quietly determined at best to disinterested boredom at worst. They can sleep anywhere and at any time.

Not overly quarrelsome, but supremely ruthless by instinct.

If only the effort to achieve the MHK's position hadn't been so draining, I believe we'd have seen a lot more from him.

One to be retired in 2016?

TBT.

I suppose Rob Callister and John whatsit can count as well, although they haven't stood as MHKs (yet).

Rob Callister counts twice smile.png

Buster counts twice....occasionally three times.

Not heard from him in a while.

Has he violated his parole and back at Her Majesty's pleasure?

TBT.

Archived