Amy's in the race!

FACT

From the discussion Trueblood linked to -

Amy Burns Yes I share views with Laurence Skelly and think we need to be thinking our involvement with the uk over. If labour get in the uk in coming weeks this could be bad for the Island unless we break away and then we can take in all the people they will be sanctioning

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just read all todays offerings by Mrs Burns and her crony's and am pretty speechless.

She either has one big brass neck or she is so uncouth she does not comprehend how appalling her behaviour is.

Ultimately, she will appeal to a certain sector of voters, and it wouldn't surprise me if she gets in.

Sadly I think there's an element of truth in your last statement. It is genuinely appalling all round though. Speechless isn't the half of it. This is just a pure white trash campaign dragging the bottom of all barrels and the purient behaviour, the name calling, the claims of bullying, and the complete childishness all round is flabbergasting. It is truly appalling.

Amy Burns Yes I share views with Laurence Skelly and think we need to be thinking our involvement with the uk over. If labour get in the uk in coming weeks this could be bad for the Island unless we break away and then we can take in all the people they will be sanctioning

All the tax exiles .... Like her dad?

Agree OMF.

Out of interest, do candidates have to abide by a certain set of standards or can they say and do whatever they please?

I don't know. If I was Kate Beecroft I'd sue her ass anyway and tell her to shut up and issue a public retraction. The whole situation is so undignified that someone needs to step in and reset the boundaries. That's either the media or the lawyers in my mind.

If you share views with Laurence Skelly be very, very careful. Or you too may end up a cliche spouting, vacuous, lightweight with delusions of adequacy.

Just out of interest, if one of these newly available seats is won by a new face, and that face is subsequently voted out next year in the general election, never to be seen in Manx politics again, what are the related MHK pension implications?

Amy Burns6 hrs · Edited ·

I will not be bullied into silence by Liberal Vannin. Oh the hypocrisy of that political party is unbelievable. I criticised Kate Beecroft in a response to some other people doing so. That is not an attack. And I stand by what I say, she has no idea what her constituents want or what is going on in Douglas south, not only because she doesn't live amongst us but because she is to busy asking questions that are not productive or getting anywhere. Liberal vannin take a look at yourselves, you go on about wanting to stop comin who wont let their ministers vote freely when you do exactly the same thing in your party, you privatised pre schools then sacked Zac Hall for not voting with you. No one can stand a hypocrite. Stop mud flinging and concentrate on the people, we are not in a school playground. I am now off out for another busy day being with my electorate and trying to help them

Jesus, she's as thick as shit. What candidate standing in an election says that about an opponent. It's unduly aggressive and hateful for no real reason. Furthermore why does she always claim she is being bullied by people who respond to idiotic things she herself has done? "We are not in a school playground" ..... Oh the irony!

Also please explain how are they up your "electorate"? You haven't been elected by anyone yet.

"Doesn't live amongst us" lol. You'd think KB lived in Ramsey, she lives just over a mile from where Amy lives.

Archived