Amy's in the race!

FACT

"Tells it like it is" = rude.

Just a general observation in life, but has anyone ever noticed, these people who self styled "tell it as it is" or are "down to earth", "call a spade a spade" etc, well when someone does the same back to them then they go apeshit.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Mrs Burns "John I've no idea who that could be on Manx F"

Presumably a reference to John Wright. So Microchips may have had theirs but it looks like it's rumbling along.

Form all the gushing maybe Mrs Burns could diversify into being the local "Agony Aunt" ?

From Mrs Burns "John I've no idea who that could be on Manx F"

Presumably a reference to John Wright. So Microchips may have had theirs but it looks like it's rumbling along.

Form all the gushing maybe Mrs Burns could diversify into being the local "Agony Aunt" ?

Not John Wright - she was replying to someone called John on a facebook thread

I'm not going to put his name, but what he said was:

You're quick to throw around the "bullies" tag at MF, as if all the members there have the same viewpoint and a post by one is a post by all.

Ironically, there are people on there tar all facebook users with the same brush. Again a rather simplistic way to view a group of people.

The fact is there have been some horrid posts about Amy on there, but so were her (and others) comments on here (and there) during Allan Bell's illness. Hooper's being a bit precious about Amy's comments on Kate, but they were uncouth and reflected badly on her.

I'll add the most personal comments I've read on MF or FB in recent weeks were from an Amy supporter about Bill Malarkey's personal life. This person was posting as microchips on MF (thankfully the comments are now removed) and claiming to be close to Amy, even in contact with her. If that's the case Amy needs to use her influence to silence that supporter as he/she's not helping Amy's cause.

The point is no one site or group of people or supporters of one candidate are blameless here but name calling (and I include castigating those who make genuine criticism of a candidate as bullies in that), lowers the entire tone.

The position MF and FB should take towards politicians and candidates is one of amused scepticism, we should be free pick apart their policies and statements, and laugh at them where they're nonsense, without passive-aggressive allegations of bullying. But lets leave families and personal appearances out of it.

What a reasoned and intelligent person 'John' appears to be and he is 100% correct in his assessment. It's also nice that other people can read his post as Ms Burns has clearly allowed a few people to register on MVIC who clearly dont like her and who will happily re post things on here for other people to read. Lovely use of the words "passive-aggressive" too. If only this was the First World War and we could all come out of our trenches and play football for a couple of hours before heading back to resume machine gunning each other to death again.

Archived