Amy's in the race!

FACT

Did she turn it down?

There was something about how PM invited her down to the studio to do her interview and she said she was busy watching kids at some sporting event so he was welcome to come to that.

He said she needed to come to the studio

She said she couldn't

Then there was some more comments that I can't remember verbatim, but something about how PM said he would say she refused

I will see if I can find it, but the dross is getting bigger so it might take some time

ETA - had a quick look but can't find it at the moment and I'm bored of lookingsmile.png

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Amy is elected - and it remains a possibility - then Tynwald is going to be great

I can't wait

If she can't give an MTV interview then she has no change of speaking in Tynwald or the Key.

Get her a seat next to Quirky then.

Another idiot that needs removing in 2016, along with his best mate Cregeen

Where's the '90% are lib vannin' thing come from?

Is TJ lib vannin? That would do it.

I think of political parties as another layer standing in the way of the electorate and the running of the country and I think they serve to limit everything to a very narrow range around the centre of the phony left-right / progressive-conservative political spectrum. It limits the candidates to a set parameter of opinion, forces them to follow the party line, which means it encourages collectivist-thinking. I don't think political parties are a good idea for an island of this size.

Political parties would just serve as yet another layer or filter standing between voters and a direct say on policy decisions. Don't forget Liberal Vannin's own policies are determined by a group of people who are not necessarily representative of the public in general. They have a particular ideological slant. Also, it was demonstrated in the case of Zac Hall that they have an internal "collective responsibility / follow the leader" policy just like the Council of Ministers. Liberal Vannin, like all political parties, have non-elected people formulating policy. Mix Liberal Vannin and the Council of Ministers and you have a dictatorship even less democratic than the current government of Bell and Teare.

Where's the '90% are lib vannin' thing come from?

Is TJ lib vannin? That would do it.

I think of political parties as another layer standing in the way of the electorate and the running of the country and I think they serve to limit everything to a very narrow range around the centre of the phony left-right / progressive-conservative political spectrum. It limits the candidates to a set parameter of opinion, forces them to follow the party line, which means it encourages collectivist-thinking. I don't think political parties are a good idea for an island of this size.

Political parties would just serve as yet another layer or filter standing between voters and a direct say on policy decisions. Don't forget Liberal Vannin's own policies are determined by a group of people who are not necessarily representative of the public in general. They have a particular ideological slant. Also, it was demonstrated in the case of Zac Hall that they have an internal "collective responsibility / follow the leader" policy just like the Council of Ministers. Liberal Vannin, like all political parties, have non-elected people formulating policy. Mix Liberal Vannin and the Council of Ministers and you have a dictatorship even less democratic than the current government of Bell and Teare.

Funny how you always find your own quotes so quickly. And that picture Isaac took down this afternoon. Funny that. Are all your characters colliding in a funny quoty not anti Semitic way?

Actually the most interesting part of that is the thing about her keeping screenshots of MF postings made. That's the inference anyway.

Na, I think she's talking about a private lv facebook group.

Actually the most interesting part of that is the thing about her keeping screenshots of MF postings made. That's the inference anyway.

Na, I think she's talking about a private lv facebook group.

It's unlikely many are bothered if she was screen shoting MF. It just seemed to hark back to similar baseless threats about people's IP addresses. This whole campaign is very interesting in terms of a social experiment. The Facebook generation is coming through now, and other people in the Facebook generation will vote for them. Not for anything else other than they might get a few 'likes' to their posts (on sites controlled by the people also seeking Likes) in relation to the inane drivel they generate which 95% of everyone else couldn't give a toss about. All it is is pub talk. But sadly people like Ms Burns make these bubbles their whole lives. Once they come out of their bubbles which tell them they are truly fantastic they are apparently being "bullied" by people who point out that they are talking shit. Makes you wonder if in their first proper debate in Keys they'll run off crying if people fail to agree with them? "That Allan Bell: he's a horrible bullying sort of guy. And when I flashed by tits at him he didn't take the hint and let me win the argument."

Archived