Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Amy walks it she cannot be any worse than Quirk who as Chairman of not a lot has entered a voluntary agreement with the Gas people and does not know how this will effect peoples bills...but will save them money. Listened to him twice today on M/R and still can not understand what he has achieved.

I hope Amy walks it she cannot be any worse than Quirk who as Chairman of not a lot has entered a voluntary agreement with the Gas people and does not know how this will effect peoples bills...but will save them money. Listened to him twice today on M/R and still can not understand what he has achieved.

I very much doubt he understands it either.

Let's face it. Its actually the senior Civil Servants who run the government. MHKs are there purely as a front. So..my vote goes to Amy. Anything to keep the idiot Malarkey out of it. I'm sure he only wants it to top up his pension from last time.

Let's face it. Its actually the senior Civil Servants who run the government. MHKs are there purely as a front. So..my vote goes to Amy. Anything to keep the idiot Malarkey out of it. I'm sure he only wants it to top up his pension from last time.

I'm not a BM fan now, but does Amy want something different ?

If Amy is picked, then ok, there will be a lot of people having a laugh at her expense and it might seem funny, but is she what we want to see run a department?

Keith is little known to me, so can't say whether he'd be good or bad, but he does have the backing of the LV which might help him.

Mr Malarkey is another nice man but I didn't think he did enough last time round

Out of them all, Kurt seems to be more management material than the others and I personally would prefer someone who is more conversant with the business side of things.

So Kurt's my pick and everyone to their own.

If Amy is picked, then ok, there will be a lot of people having a laugh at her expense and it might seem funny, but is she what we want to see run a department?

FFS, the MHKs - even the ministers - do not run departments. There are professionally qualified and/or experienced people who do that.

The last time I heard someone say it was the MHKs job to manage departments it was Bill Malarkey, and he said it on the floor of the House of Keys. I have never seen anyone make such a Trans World Airlines Tea of himself in front of such a group of people.

Ok good folk of Douglas North and Douglas South, as a starting point, understand that the people you are going to elect will not be running departments.

FFS.

Listenchuck, the Legco elections may well be a farce but they are a private game being played out for reasons that are beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals!

They do not reflect the normal performance of the Govt, the Keys, Tynwald or the community work of the MHks.

Would you rather they simply voted Anderson and Tim whatsit to Legco for a career extension?

Have you seen who the last time runners up were to these two incumbents that are going to kick them out next year?

I think there is a thread on one of them that is not too different to the Burns/De Yoxall one of a few months ago.

You could try ' Booting' it!

Do you think that they would be any different?

If there is a good thing that has emerged from the Burns silliness it is that in the last few page's it has brought into the open the extent that the tail is now and for some time has been wagging the dog.

The civil service really must be culled. They have been allowed to take control and Bell really should have set off a pogrom the day he was appointed as Chief Minister.

He did not.

There is a solution but I doubt if he has the brain or the brawn to implement it. It would create merry he'll, a number of people would be at least inconvenienced and a considerable number of public sector employees would be out on their ear - but they should be.

These so called ministers have abdicated their responsibility and rather than delegating tasks have delegated their ministerial responsibility.

There really should be a night of the long knives.

Listenchuck, the Legco elections may well be a farce but they are a private game being played out for reasons that are beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals!

They do not reflect the normal performance of the Govt, the Keys, Tynwald or the community work of the MHks.

Would you rather they simply voted Anderson and Tim whatsit to Legco for a career extension?

Have you seen who the last time runners up were to these two incumbents that are going to kick them out next year?

I think there is a thread on one of them that is not too different to the Burns/De Yoxall one of a few months ago.

You could try ' Booting' it!

Do you think that they would be any different?

I think you misunderstand my view on this LegCo nonsense. I firmly believe that non of the sitting MHK's should be permitted to break their undertaking to serve a full 5 year term in the MHK role they were elected to fulfill.

If indeed there is a strong case for needing a Legislative Council then take the opportunity to elect some people from outside Keys with relevant life and career skills to fill these positions.

What really pisses me off is useless, and very likely non re-electable, MHK's dodging the voters and trying to gain a further 5 years salary in the cosy retirement club that is currently LegCo.

I honestly do regard MHK's who take this option as unprincipled low marks and democracy thieves showing utter contempt for democratic process and the electorate at large.

FFS, the MHKs - even the ministers - do not run departments. There are professionally qualified and/or experienced people who do that.

The last time I heard someone say it was the MHKs job to manage departments it was Bill Malarkey, and he said it on the floor of the House of Keys. I have never seen anyone make such a Trans World Airlines Tea of himself in front of such a group of people.

Ok good folk of Douglas North and Douglas South, as a starting point, understand that the people you are going to elect will not be running departments.

FFS.

Won't stop the feckers interfering tho'

Archived