Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one certainty, if Burns collects all the 'tweets' and the comments that have been made and edits then she might well come up with a best seller. Humour usually does well where book sales are concerned.

Having read the German guy's manifesto and talk of sticking up wind farms, I'd probably vote for her as well. It's not a question of who we'd like to see run for MHK, it's a question of who is the best of the current crop who are already running.

For someone with the background that she claims if Burns wrote it then it raises fundamental questions.

One is how someone with such a background could / would produce what actually is a badly structured document.

The second (of many) is the lack of mentioning where the money would come from for her ideas.

Burns really is unqualified to take a seat in Keys, or any involvement in politics other than maybe an intern to a local council in order for her to learn the basics of the job. Where she might go from there would depend on a number of factors but Burns needs to learn the trade before taking a major role in a thing about which it is patently obvious she hasn't a clue.

@spook - produce what is, actually, a badly structured document.

LOL! Most MHK manifestos but the point here is that for someone who has offered a CV, albeit in an abrieveiated for, I would have expected something far better structured and not a rambling essay. Also at least some indication of where the money for her 'ideas' would come from.

Using the infamous Corrin attempt as a bench mark for the zero end, and (as an example) the recent Cameron manifesto as the other end of a continuum, I would rate Burn's attempt as in the second percentile. Far lower than a manifesto written by someone with the background she claims should be.

Archived