Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laurie Hooper would appear to be looking to make a name for himself in Manx politics. He needs to be careful not to make it for all the wrong reasons.

At least Laurie is putting his name to his comments unlike you Wann

Amy is making a name for herself - and its all for the WRONG REASONS

Will Butch or Cretnary be holding her hand at Manx Radio next week?

Laurie Hooper would appear to be looking to make a name for himself in Manx politics. He needs to be careful not to make it for all the wrong reasons.

At least Laurie is putting his name to his comments unlike you Wann

I kinda think that is my point.

Sometimes, when you are shooting yourself in your foot it is best to stay quiet.

I think having a go at Amy is a bit like dwarf throwing. Don't ask me why, but it is a picture I will try and keep in my mind when I see someone criticising here.

From what I've seen and heard what he says about Burns is bang on the button. It's a shame that the herring fishery cas collapsed because she is showing all the natural attributes needs t be a fish-wife.

One thing that does strike me though, looking at he CV why she left what she describes as reasonably good jobs. In CV's that I'vesseenIin the past the applicant for a job is asked to explain the circumstances or reasons why they left previous posts.

There looks to me as if there's something being hidden.

The guy seems fine. But I don't think he should waste his efforts on Ames.

She ain't wurf it, Laurie.

He isn't wasting any of his time on Amy. I've been reading what he's been posting on his own site, and on Lib Vans Facebook pages and also what Amy has been posting. Sadly she's just an awful publicity hound with a huge inferiority complex who seems to conjure up visions of people bullying her at every turn. In fact she seems to have a really unpleasant victim complex, and appears to be so unbelievably self-absorbed that she has to turn the debate constantly to her being picked on by other people: even when she appears to be the first to open her mouth and say something not only nasty but wildly unprofessional and, to be honest, often downright rude and malicious. Laurie's comments were relatively brief and polite and seemed to be a genuine attempt to respond in a polite way to some of the awful things Amy had said about Kate Beecroft on Facebook. He was right to point out that the comments were basically immature and unprofessional. Who would argue with that (except general boring Internet loudmouth James Corrin who was the first to have a go at Hooper)? It wasn't (initially) a slagging match and the comments made in respect of Ms Burns were at least polite. That is until she herself again waded in and made it all about her and her being bullied by multiple people in Lib Van.

As a horrendous publicity hungry narcissist with an apparent inferiority complex that forces her to try to make other people feel sorry for her she is, sadly, quite well qualified to go into Keys where she will be able to turn her victim complex into a political tool to court even more sympathy from the people stupid enough to believe whatever comes out of her mouth about being bullied by everyone and anyone who doesn't agree with her.

The term, 'Willing Victim', didn't appear from nowhere. Whilst I feel some sympathy for Amy, because she appears not to learn from the reaction she evokes, I can't help the mental vision popping into my head of her sat, sniffing and teary, at her computer surrounded by her circle of sycophants, unwittingly goaded into fanning the flames of her detractors. Is this a gap in her perception or a wilful attempt at victimhood?

Like a moth to a flame.

Archived