Amy's in the race!

FACT

There used to be a rule in the civil service handbook about people having or visibly supporting political campaigns or affiliations. Has that been removed? This looks to all intents and purposes as a political website and one supporting one persons campaign to get elected.

I'm not sure what the IOM rules are, but I'd imagine they closely follow the UK civil service guidelines:

"As civil servants we are (of course) free to use social and other digital media in our own time. But we always need to be mindful of our duties not to disclose official information without authority, and not to take part in any political or other public activity which compromises, or might be seen to compromise, our impartial service to the government of the day or any future government.

We must take care about commenting on government policies and practices and should not do so without the proper authorisation. We should avoid commenting altogether on politically controversial issues and avoid making any kind of personal attack or tasteless or offensive remarks to individuals or groups."https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/social-media-guidance-for-civil-servants/social-media-guidance-for-civil-servants

I would disagree with Declan and suggest that it would be hard that playing a leading role in MVIC and moderating something like that didn't fall into a definition of "politically controversial" or that accusing someone of being a bully wasn't "a personal attack or tasteless remark". I would suggest also a huge fail on "We must take care about commenting on government policies and practices and should not do so without the proper authorisation. We should avoid commenting altogether on politically controversial issue." reading most of the things posted on that Group.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to her, she has said she will decline the expenses allowance

Bit daft I think. She doesn't know yet what expenses she'll incur should she be elected. There may well be a reasonable justification for the allowance, better to wait and see rather than buy votes with it.

Fair play to her, she has said she will decline the expenses allowance

Bit daft I think. She doesn't know yet what expenses she'll incur should she be elected. There may well be a reasonable justification for the allowance, better to wait and see rather than buy votes with it.

I believe quite a few MHK's don't claim expenses, it's nothing new.

There used to be a poster on here with political ambition called Ripsaw.

Did his posts and political ambition carry any teeth...?

he couldn't cut it

I saw it coming...

he couldn't cut it

I saw it coming...

I reckon he fretted too much and couldn't hack it, so bowed out.

he couldn't cut it

I saw it coming...

I reckon he fretted too much and couldn't hack it, so bowed out.

Obviously wasn't Coping very well, not good at Reciprocating, couldn't Jig the electorate.

Joined a Band and bought a new Pad....

Archived