Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, to be clear, Ian's cut and paste is not accurate as Amy's birth name was Curry, and she was born on the island, have I got that right? If so, she has not made any false claims in her manifesto on that point.

Bill is a bandwagoner looking for a party (small 'p'. I like parties too)

The Fitton chap seems sensible enough and LibVan (not sure if that is good or what)

The other chap is from Germany or Southe Africa and used to drive a boat.

But....Amy is interesting.

If she gets in, manxforums.com will go ballistic and probably break the internet. Plus we will get likes of Paxman or whoever coming over and then the BBC and loads of stuff like that. You see, politics is in these days. eg BBC Radio 4 Women's Hour today (and loads of newspapers) are all over the women who kicked George Galloway's arse right oot of Bradford.

Tynwald needs to become an Industry. A veritable Soap Opera. It's about time the oldest needless parliament in the world atracted world attention.

Fucking Magic. The Isle of Man delivers.

vote amy.

"I've already been literally doing stuff in the community". Correct use of the word literally there. I like it.

Loved the interviewer's pause after this bit:

"What ideas have you got to expand the economy for example, or to safeguard public services?"

"It's no surprise to anyone that I'm not a cut girl, I'm a growth girl, I believe we should be growing the economy rather than making cuts..."

This is public record so I am posting it - Gladys if you want me to remove it just say and I will

Below is a list of all the births that include the name Amy born in 1982

So she either had a different surname or she provided incorrect info

1982 Curry Amy Douglas

I don't intend to trawl back though the threads but I would concentrate on this one.

"I've already been literally doing stuff in the community". Correct use of the word literally there. I like it.

"What ideas have you got to expand the economy for example, or to safeguard public services?"

"It's no surprise to anyone that I'm not a cut girl, I'm a growth girl, I believe we should be growing the economy rather than making cuts..."

Everybody would want to grow the economy, to suggest otherwise is like condemning motherhood an apple pie but the unresolved question is how given the present state of the Islands finances.

Bliar and Brown grew the UK economy - but they did so by injecting equity based on unsustainable borrowing.

So how does Burns intend to grow an economy that is decaying because of an imbalance between imports and exports and that presently requires continued raids on reserves and selling the 'family silver' with no indication of improving any time soon?

The answer that Burns gave is inane, like so much else the woman comes out with.

So, to be clear, Ian's cut and paste is not accurate as Amy's birth name was Curry, and she was born on the island, have I got that right? If so, she has not made any false claims in her manifesto on that point

CURRY

JAMES 1979 — 1979

England & Wales

births 1837-2006

Lichfield, Staffordshire, England

CURRY OLIVER 1986 — 1986 England & Wales births 1837-2006 Lichfield, Staffordshire, England
CURRY REBECCA 1978 — 1978 England & Wales births 1837-2006 Lichfield, Staffordshire, England

Born on holiday? Who knows?

Or maybe Gladys, Oliver was born on holiday,in Lichfield?

The interviewer on M/R this morning asked Amy how she would cope with being a M.H.K. and bringing up four children, there were complaints from listeners who claimed he was being sexist to which he announced he would have asked the same question of a man or an alien...what a liar....who are these people who interview, halfwits ?

It really was just immature,shallow waffle, wasn't it? She was lucky it was that nice James Davies she was talking to - Beth would not have let her off so lightly.

How anyone believes she would add anything to the House of Keys is beyond me.

Keith Fitton may not be the perfect candidate but at least you can take him seriously.

Archived