Amy's in the race!

FACT

Very simply, Ian, it would appear she was born on the island, so her manifesto assertion is correct. Who knows what the family situation was at the time of each birth, it is irrelevant. A mature response may just be to drop whatever the issue you thought you had, incorrectly, uncovered.

It would appear to be the case Gladys. Would it appear to be the case that she was raised there?

I think you need to pack it in mate. You've made a right tit of yourself with your earlier insinuations, best stop digging

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interviewer on M/R this morning asked Amy how she would cope with being a M.H.K. and bringing up four children, there were complaints from listeners who claimed he was being sexist to which he announced he would have asked the same question of a man or an alien...what a liar....who are these people who interview, halfwits ?

She lists her job as homemaker and she has 4 kids not an unfair question to ask what she is going to do with them whilst she is a public servant, its not like she will be resigning from a job and letting it be reassigned.

I don't think anyone sensible would risk this sort of questioning at a job interview nowadays. And anyway, what job has more flexible working hours than being an MHK?

we get it ian

We don't all get it yet Stinky, there's at least one person that doesn't get it!

Just a couple of answers to questions yes I was born in the isle of man and raised in the isle of man.

Straight from the horses mouth so to speak. (With respect)

what was her birth name? I'm aware there is something with the de-yoxall name, was that surname what she was born with?

There are only three de-yoxall's born on the Isle of Man, according to Manx BDM, and they are very young children - there are no adults born here with that surname

Amy may have been born before her father bought the title?

So recap where we stand now:

Four candidates, but realistically probably really only two in the race

In the blue corner, the undefeated internet IP tagging (or was it tapping? tabbing?) champion of the Isle of Man. For her it's probably all really exciting and they're already thinking what holidays they will go on with all that MHK money coming in. She has little business experience, little political knowledge and thinks the admiration her censored Facebook clique gives her is representative of the whole island loving her. Manifesto seems to be written by Captain Obvious and lacks any kind of stand out statements, and indeed some sections clearly show she has little idea of how government really works. Amy, I notice you wrote that polling stations should be more accessible. Bit of advice here, from experience: organise that yourself. On election day, you should have minivan after minivan arriving at the polling station, all filled with elderly voters you offered a lift to when you went canvassing. That's the Cretney school of getting elected and my oh my was it an impressive sight. A non stop stream of grannies and grandpas, all dutifully voting for him. Also, you do have election day flyers ready, right? 3am election day your team should pepper the constituency with last minute flyers and contact info if anyone needs a lift. Rest assured your competition will do exactly that.

In the red corner, the undefeated washing machine repair man and hot tub champion of the island, desperately looking to get back on that comfortable government gravy train. Doesn't have a website listed on manxradio, so no idea what his manifesto is but it won't matter anyway, as demonstrated when he rode into Tynwald on a LibVan ticket and then screwed everyone over by leaving the party and settling down for cuddling sessions with the old boys club. Best candidate for any voters with a full frontal lobotomy or otherwise no interest or understanding of politics. Please, Douglas South, do not vote for this man, or I will stop by and slap all 5165 of you in the face with a fish, because that's what you deserve for even thinking about it.

So what about the other two? The Captain is a no go. Too much anti-steam-racket stuff going on there. That leaves only the LibVan candidate, Keith Fitton. Hasn't updated his FB page since end of April and the LibVan website still looks like something a five year old created in 1998. Doesn't bode well for them, but at least they are a political party of sorts. If you want to keep the political damage to the constituency at a minimum, then choose the lesser of four evils and vote Keith Fitton.

im sure margaret thatcher was no different at that age spook

And I'm absolutely sure she was not!

Read her biography, an amazing woman.

Something that Burns could not and never will be accused of being.

I watched an episode of Rugrats this morning. Cradle Attention it was called. A girl kept on hitting Chuckie, but it was because she really liked him and didn't know how else to get his attention.

I watched an episode of Rugrats this morning. Cradle Attention it was called. A girl kept on hitting Chuckie, but it was because she really liked him and didn't know how else to get his attention.

LOL!

Not while there's dogs in the streets!

Why has nobody posted a "Bill's in the race" thread? Because he's a boring bastard. The same goes for Kurt or Holtz or whatever his name is. At least Amy, for all her faults, is interesting.

My campaign is clearly so boring that it isn't even worth commenting upon as being boring enough? I'm not wanting to hijack the Amy thread but having been one of the lurkers on the forum for a while, I thought it might be worth contributing. I've got my tin hat ready...

So recap where we stand now...

...That leaves only the LibVan candidate, Keith Fitton. Hasn't updated his FB page since end of April and the LibVan website still looks like something a five year old created in 1998. Doesn't bode well for them, but at least they are a political party of sorts. If you want to keep the political damage to the constituency at a minimum, then choose the lesser of four evils and vote Keith Fitton.

I set up a 'campaign' Facebook page, where I have posted a few thoughts rather than the 'personal page':
And my video interview with Paul Maulton will give people a bit of an idea me.
I'm happy to answer questions, I might even start a new thread...

Archived