Is It Possible To Find Love On The Isle Of Man

Guest King Orry

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different people, different senses of humour. Anyway I only wanted to point out the homophobia but said more than I wanted to, not trying to demonise anyone, I didn't want to detract from the topic.

What is the ration of men to women on the island then. Somebody told me 1:5 but that can't be right. Just thinking there must be enough women on the island. Surely there are prize females 'up north', in say places like St Judes , who are just ready to be whisked off their feet and taken to the big city.

What is the ration of men to women on the island then.  Somebody told me 1:5 but that can't be right.  Just thinking there must be enough women on the island.  Surely there are prize females 'up north', in say places like St Judes , who are just ready to be whisked off their feet and taken to the big city.

LOL most of my ex's have lived up north!!!

Why is everyone so set on finding this love thing? Yeah I'd love a kindred spirit, but at the end of the day there's a lot more to my life than spending it with some woman. How many people just rush into relationships cos they think it's the done thing? Better to learn to be happy being single, and then if someone comes along who you think it's worth seeing, then go for it, but if not don't spend your life in some kind of hermetic solace searching for something you can't find. Get out and do some stuff, enjoy life then maybe you'll meet more people who you actually want to be around, and who want to be around you. There's a whole world out there.

LOL at the suggestion of a singles night, as we all know a load of guys would turn up, and only one girl, who none of them would fancy.

I am sorry to give the wrong impression.

Never heard of those things being attributed to gay people before, though the lube and unfortunately Kylie are different altogether. Though having a gay bestie hardly qualifies you to be non-homophobic, same as people who say they are not racist cos they have a friend who is black. In no way implying your mate is, I have met gay men on the island who are more homophobic than some straight people. Though I think this has definitely dragged on a bit too long now!

I agree, without sounding soppy you can't really find love. Better having a sh*g and then seeing what the future holds. Though if anyone mentioned love within the first month of seeing them I would either spew or get rid'.

What is the ration of men to women on the island then.  Somebody told me 1:5 but that can't be right.  Just thinking there must be enough women on the island.  Surely there are prize females 'up north', in say places like St Judes , who are just ready to be whisked off their feet and taken to the big city.

LOL most of my ex's have lived up north!!!

Really? ;)

Why is everyone so set on finding this love thing?  Yeah I'd love a kindred spirit, but at the end of the day there's a lot more to my life than spending it with some woman.  How many people just rush into relationships cos they think it's the done thing? 

When you find someone right for you, maybe you'll know

Better to learn to be happy being single, and then if someone comes along who you think it's worth seeing, then go for it, but if not don't spend your life in some kind of hermetic solace searching for something you can't find.  Get out and do some stuff, enjoy life then maybe you'll meet more people who you actually want to be around, and who want to be around you.  There's a whole world out there.

In your case, I'm sure that's true

LOL at the suggestion of a singles night, as we all know a load of guys would turn up, and only one girl, who none of them would fancy.

How would you possibly know that.

How would you possibly know that.

it's just predicatable. Either that, or else all the guys would be after the same girl, and then she'd go off with a lad who already had a gf, or alternatively she wouldn't bat for the team the lads were hoping she did..

Surely we've all had the experience of losing something - a diary or a piece of jewellery or something like that - and spent hours looking for it, practically tearing the house apart. And then, long after we've given up - it suddenly turns up.

More often than not, I think that's the way it is with 'love.' You don't find it - it finds you. And it's usually when you're not expecting it.

Just go out, have fun and be safe. If its meant to be its meant to be, if it doesn't happen, move on, don't dwell on it or you could miss out on meeting someone better.

Well there are an awful lot of couples and children and other indicators of 'discovered love' over here, so I guess it must be happening pretty regularly.

Archived