Is It Possible To Find Love On The Isle Of Man

Guest King Orry

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From IsleofMantoday 17-03-2005:

Y raa creeney — The proverb

Ta dooinney ayns graih ny vlebbin, as shenn dooinney ayns graih, t'eh yn blebbin smoo jeu ooilley (ta DUN-ya unss GRA-ee na VLEBB-in, azz SHAN DUN-ya unss GRA-ee, tay in VLEBB-in SMOO JAA-oo ULL-ya) — A man in love is a fool, and an old man in love is the biggest fool of them all.

;)

Guest King Orry

You see my example has again been warped because take the example of girl 89 in her picture she looks pretty a little plain but pretty none the less but i bet she has the social manners of a pisssed sailor , i derived this opinion from her immediate rebuttal. But this brings me on to another very good point people on the isle of man are very quick to denounce come overs and say if you do not like this aspect or tat then you are free to leave however if it was not for us in the first place you would all be picking potatoes in lancashire. I am not trying to find love on island because there is more chance of peel bein voted capital of culture than me finding love here ( despite my throughly good looks ) but good luck to all those who think they can and i hope you like single mothers.

Actually, that bit of love I had on the King Orry wasn't that special now I come to think about it.

This has reminded me there was a strong smell of urine and annoying whining noises putting me right off my stroke.

That's a bit bloody harsh isn't it!? As far as I can see she just re-used a classic Manx one-liner (a little over used maybe). If that actually a picture of her I hardly think she looks like a "pissed sailor", or do you prefer the sugar coated donuts you see around town?

You see my example has again been warped because take the example of girl 89 in her picture she looks pretty a little plain but pretty none the less but i bet she has the social manners of a pisssed sailor , i derived this opinion from her immediate rebuttal.  But this brings me on to another very good point people on the isle of man are very quick to denounce come overs and say if you do not like this aspect or tat then you are free to leave however if it was not for us in the first place you would all be picking potatoes in lancashire.  I am not trying to find love on island because there is more chance of peel bein voted capital of culture than me finding love here ( despite my throughly good looks )  but good luck to all those who think they can and i hope you like single mothers.

It's much more likely to be your charm that is at issue, rather than your looks.

You see my example has again been warped because take the example of girl 89 in her picture she looks pretty a little plain but pretty none the less but i bet she has the social manners of a pisssed sailor , i derived this opinion from her immediate rebuttal. 

:lol: if you actually got to know me you'd find that i am a nice person and easily to get along with. and just to let you know, i don't drink anyway so i couldn't have the 'social manners of a pisssed sailor' :P

and with a stereotypical attitude like yours, im not suprised you think that you can't find love on the Isle of Man

Love is not what you find, it is what you give.

Rog, stop reading those greetings cards and get the hell out of Clintons!

LOL! :D

Actually the REALY worrying thing is that I believe it to be perfectly true!

Seeing that I've been wed to the same girl for 30 years there must be some truth in it! :)

You see my example has again been warped because take the example of girl 89 in her picture she looks pretty a little plain but pretty none the less but i bet she has the social manners of a pisssed sailor , i derived this opinion from her immediate rebuttal.

When I first read this post I had the overwhelming urge to nuke you off the face of our forum as Girl89 is one of the nicest and (IMHO) most genuine contributors on here.

You're just a sad troll, so carry on posting your inimitable dross whilst I enjoy watching the other posters pulling you apart.

Archived