North Korea - Cabinet Reshuffle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32716749

"Defence chief executed for 'falling asleep'. The news comes weeks after the reported execution of 15 senior officials...by anti aircraft weapons at close range"

I wonder if Allan's planning the next policy formation information gathering trip there?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got his finger on the nuclear button and a million brain washed squaddies who have been indoctrinated for generations that it is glorious to die following their Dear Leader's every whim.

And the Chinese Communist Party has sheltered, protected and aided these mass murderers through thick and thin.

Goodness knows how it will end.

A heathy serving of scepticism is required, as the source is not likely to be unbiassed. However, Kim Jong Un and N Korea are worrying maverick's on the international stage and show plenty of evidence of repression internally.

What to do? Probably nothing, as far as the west is concerned. China might be in a position to influence them, and one can only hope that they do so.

The stated method of execution piques a morbid curiosity in me. Can they really have used anti aircraft fire? Anti-aircraft guns are designed to fire upward, at planes and they fire explosive shells designed to burst near their target. If there were many onlookers, I would have thought that they would be in considerable danger from shrapnel and ricochets. Perhaps they just used a heavy-calibre machine gun on a tripod, I'm sure that would achieve a rapid, brutal and bloody result.

The picture shows six anti-aircraft guns lined up at a 100m shooting range.

Why you'd put a 5000m range anti-aircraft gun onto a 100m shooting range is a bit of a mystery, but is entirely consistent with the reports Kim Jong-un is using them as a method of execution.

Kanggon_range-image_text%2B(1).jpg

More info here

Archived