North Korea - Cabinet Reshuffle

Why you'd put a 5000m range anti-aircraft gun onto a 100m shooting range is a bit of a mystery

I guess if you've already judged the death penalty as an acceptable method of control, you might as well have a bit of fun with it.

Well, probably your desire to have some fun with the death penalty would depend on how much of a sadistic psychopath you are. So I guess Kim Jong Un is quite far along the murderous psychopath scale.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why you'd put a 5000m range anti-aircraft gun onto a 100m shooting range is a bit of a mystery

I guess if you've already judged the death penalty as an acceptable method of control, you might as well have a bit of fun with it.

Genuinely no pun intended, but this smacks ever so slightly of overkill. It's the high tech equivalent of being hung, drawn and quartered; and then buried, dug up again, and burned at the stake.

In its favour, though, it certainly avoids that whole Green Mile "is the sponge wet or not" conundrum.

Without a doubt, the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is not a nice place to live, even if you are a top ranking party member it seems.

My big question tho, why don't we invade it? Ah yes, of course, China protects it.

But I am not so sure. China is distancing itself, while at the same time staying close. I suspect there will be no allied invasion, not because of China, but because there is nothing there that western Governments want.

I follow the KCNA website.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Some of the stuff on there is beyond mad. And I often think, do the people who write it actually believe it?

Difficult to answer. I do know that many journalists in China don't believe in the stories they write. I have spoken to a few over a beer. What percentage of people in China believe Chinese news... I would guestimate 20%. A lot lower than the percentage of Americans who believe Fox news. But it's difficult to do the same guestimate for NK. Because we simply don't know. It has somehow managed to close it's doors so tight that nobody knows what is going on.

And because that door is shut so tight, I reckon the people in NK do belive in their system. They are indoctrinated.

How to move forward? How to give the common people of NK some sort of freedom, no matter how limited?

Well, first up, the world at large needs to lead by example. While the western nations look on with disgust at execution by fecking big gun, American lawmakers in Oklahoma pass a law to allow execution by Nitrogen. Wow, the right wing bible bashers are so desperate to execute people that they pass a law to execute people with a method invented by an amature playwriter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/17/oklahoma-gas-execution_n_7089416.html

Aint that progressive? To invoke Goodwins... a State using gas to kill people.... erm... that makes me whince. If I had the choice, I would rather face a fecking big gun.

To solve the NK issue, we need diplomacy. It has just worked with Iran. And while the Republican members of congress see that as an Obama/Iran deal, it was far from it. China was there, as was the UK, Russia, France... Germany....

The Iran deal was dipomacy at it's best. No reason not to try it with The Peoples Republic of Korea.

Seems they could teach American State Governers a lot on the subject of executing people. That one thing they have in common could be a good icebreaker over a bottle of scotch :-)

The British in India (and others elsewhere) sometimes used a method of execution called 'blowing from a gun' where a person was tied with their back to the muzzle of a field artillery piece. Head and limbs would apparently fly a great distance as the gun discharged. It was used by the British into the late 19th century.

The British in India (and others elsewhere) sometimes used a method of execution called 'blowing from a gun' where a person was tied with their back to the muzzle of a field artillery piece. Head and limbs would apparently fly a great distance as the gun discharged. It was used by the British into the late 19th century.

Not being able to bury/burn a complete corpse was also a deliberate insult to the culture, hence the method of execution.

Not being able to bury/burn a complete corpse was also a deliberate insult to the culture, hence the method of execution.

But it achieved its intended results. When dealing with rats one has to descend into the gutter.

Without a doubt, the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is not a nice place to live, even if you are a top ranking party member it seems.

My big question tho, why don't we invade it? Ah yes, of course, China protects it.

But I am not so sure. China is distancing itself, while at the same time staying close. I suspect there will be no allied invasion, not because of China, but because there is nothing there that western Governments want.

I follow the KCNA website.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Some of the stuff on there is beyond mad. And I often think, do the people who write it actually believe it?

Difficult to answer. I do know that many journalists in China don't believe in the stories they write. I have spoken to a few over a beer. What percentage of people in China believe Chinese news... I would guestimate 20%. A lot lower than the percentage of Americans who believe Fox news. But it's difficult to do the same guestimate for NK. Because we simply don't know. It has somehow managed to close it's doors so tight that nobody knows what is going on.

And because that door is shut so tight, I reckon the people in NK do belive in their system. They are indoctrinated.

How to move forward? How to give the common people of NK some sort of freedom, no matter how limited?

Well, first up, the world at large needs to lead by example. While the western nations look on with disgust at execution by fecking big gun, American lawmakers in Oklahoma pass a law to allow execution by Nitrogen. Wow, the right wing bible bashers are so desperate to execute people that they pass a law to execute people with a method invented by an amature playwriter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/17/oklahoma-gas-execution_n_7089416.html

Aint that progressive? To invoke Goodwins... a State using gas to kill people.... erm... that makes me whince. If I had the choice, I would rather face a fecking big gun.

To solve the NK issue, we need diplomacy. It has just worked with Iran. And while the Republican members of congress see that as an Obama/Iran deal, it was far from it. China was there, as was the UK, Russia, France... Germany....

The Iran deal was dipomacy at it's best. No reason not to try it with The Peoples Republic of Korea.

Seems they could teach American State Governers a lot on the subject of executing people. That one thing they have in common could be a good icebreaker over a bottle of scotch :-)

Why SHOULD 'we' invade? As long as they keep out of our affairs we should keep out of theirs.

Why SHOULD 'we' invade? As long as they keep out of our affairs we should keep out of theirs.

Quite.

Democracies all over the planet would be very happy if NK developed a nuclear weapon with a viable delivery system.

Be aware it's one of their main goals. The question then is would China let them use it? Or more likely what would China do after they have used it?

Thank goodness Mannin is raising it's own forces...

Archived