Kick A Dog In The Face

The Sick Moon

Oh, I see.

No it would not matter what type of dog it was, it would get the same treatment.

Apart from guide dogs, police dogs and farm dogs, there is NO reason for dogs !

I agree. The only exception would be people who own lots of land and can keep them on it. Certainly people living in crowded urban areas or in flats shouldn't have dogs. Dogs need to live out in the countryside - anything else is unfair to them.

• Like 1

Oh, I see.

No it would not matter what type of dog it was, it would get the same treatment.

I agree. The only exception would be people who own lots of land and can keep them on it. Certainly people living in crowded urban areas or in flats shouldn't have dogs. Dogs need to live out in the countryside - anything else is unfair to them.

I think it depends on more than that. I think the important thing is having grassy areas that are open to dogs within a half mile or so of your property. I don't think someone who lives on Strand Street should have a dog really, but I think people in Onchan, Laxey, Douglas Head, and the majority of the south of the island are probably OK to.

That is assuming they're not all out of the house for 8+ hours straight a day. Wherever you live that's grossly unfair on the dog.

My previous next door neighbour had two dogs (Jack Russel or similar) and use to leave them in the house all day long when she was out at work, I also never recall ever seeing her take for a walk. The poor things used to bark and howl all day long. I'm not a dog person (not anti dog either) but I do believe that dog ownership brings significant responsibilities.

• Like 3

Oh, I see.

But some breeds of dog have been bred to be 'indoor' dogs.

There's no way that our recently acquired Border Collie falls into that category, but many of the 'toy' breeds do.

Oh, I see.

There's no way that our recently acquired Border Collie falls into that category, but many of the 'toy' breeds do.

Border Collies are hands down the best dogs though.

• Like 2

Border Collies are hands down the best dogs though.

Most of the breed are indeed wonderful but they do need to know and be kept in their place, more so than other breeds because of their massive intelligence.

Right now our (once stray) cat is making sure that the pecking order of cat, wife, me, and dog is maintained.

Well then stop breeding them to be indoor. You're obstructing natural selection.

Do you, or have you ever owned a dog?

No, I don't believe living beings can be "owned". I did, however, grow up with a canine friend.

Well then stop breeding them to be indoor. You're obstructing natural selection.

Do you, or have you ever owned a dog?

No, I don't believe living beings can be "owned". I did, however, grow up with a canine friend.

Nice way to put it. I use the word 'owned' more to express responsibility than anything else.

Our one stray cat sees ownership more in the conventional meaning.