Kick A Dog In The Face

The Sick Moon

Good to know the report button is essentially pointless then.

It's not your personal "DONT LIKE" button.

If I posted a topic entitled "Kick TSM In The Face" would a report be any more likely to succeed?

Not that I want to, mind. Just for a laugh.

If I posted a topic entitled "Kick TSM In The Face" would a report be any more likely to succeed?

Not that I want to, mind. Just for a laugh.

What sort of moron would possibly report that?

Manx Forum's own special kind.

• Like 1

Anyway, I've only ever used the report button once, and it was made quite clear to everyone that it was me who had made a report. It's here if anyone wants to see for themselves. I wouldn't report anything on this forum again.

Mmm, that was a bit unnecessary. Especially as you don't have to be Hercules Poirot to deduce what it said originally.

Mmm, that was a bit unnecessary. Especially as you don't have to be Hercules Poirot to deduce what it said originally.

Hercules Poirot, now there is a superhero that Marvel needs to make.

******* spell check! If only I'd gone with Sherlock Homes...

Hercules Poirot, now there is a superhero that Marvel needs to make.

******* spell check! If only I'd gone with Sherlock Homes...

Is that deliberate? It's Holmes.

Edited by mojomonkey

Anyway, I've only ever used the report button once, and it was made quite clear to everyone that it was me who had made a report. It's here if anyone wants to see for themselves. I wouldn't report anything on this forum again.

It's a bit bizarre isn't it? cool.png That's Amadeus for you though.

Dilly, have you ever had a dog?

Yes, some time ago when I lived in the "country". I live in town now, so no place for a dog.

Why others can't understand that is beyond me.

I used to love my dog as a member of the family, but I've gone from that to hating some people because they have bought dogs for their kids to play with and now the dog is bigger than the kids, it is no fun anymore and just barks and drives folk mad.

Others buy dogs for their own selfish reasons, not thinking about the dogs wellbeing and just fuck off to work each day leaving yet another dog barking it's head off all day long.

I would say that a large proportion of dog "owners" are selfish and are being cruel to their pets without having the sense to see it.

Oh, I see.

No it would not matter what type of dog it was, it would get the same treatment.

Apart from guide dogs, police dogs and farm dogs, there is NO reason for dogs !

I agree. The only exception would be people who own lots of land and can keep them on it. Certainly people living in crowded urban areas or in flats shouldn't have dogs. Dogs need to live out in the countryside - anything else is unfair to them.

But some breeds of dog have been bred to be 'indoor' dogs.

There's no way that our recently acquired Border Collie falls into that category, but many of the 'toy' breeds do.

Border Collies are hands down the best dogs though.

I agree with you there. However they need about 5 miles running or even more if only walking every day and are in no way a dog for in town.

I absolutely agree about BC's needing to get a great deal of exercise and also an opportunity to be intellectually stimulated by what they find as they do. It may be my imagination but I'm convinced that BC's are one of the few breeds of dog that can and do smile when they're happy.

The very thought of some poor BC stuck living in a town is horrid, mind you the thought of any dog other than the breeds that have been developed to be lap dogs living in town is appalling.

I really believe that instead of dogs being licensed (they're not over here) it's the owners who should be licensed based on them demonstrating competence and knowledge of what is needed to keep a dog in a satisfactory manner.

The result would be far fewer unhappy dogs.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...