Kick A Dog In The Face

The Sick Moon

But I don't like dogs, can't see the point other than if they are working animals.

Which of course means no-one else is allowed to like them.

You can like them without owning one.

I love Porsche 911s, but I don't own one.

I doubt that's over concerns about safety of others though smile.png

Well perhaps we should learn from the Americans and all own a gun, that would be better. And we should all own a dog. A big dog with big teeth. If it tears off a kids face so what, I live on my own and need company. Its my right.

You're a bit dim aren't you?

He's not, as it happens, I've met him.

In fact, I bought this PC off him thumbsup.gif

Ah, see it must have been all the comparisons between an animal that helps blind people have a quality of life, helps PTSD sufferers cope, helps depressed people get through the day, and helps farmers run a farm to a projectile weapon who's only purpose is to launch bits of metal at velocities high enough to cause fatal injuries.

My mistake.

I have nothing at all against any working dog, be they for the blind, rescue, Police or farm.

I just hate the people that buy dogs as toys for their kids, or to OWN as status symbols.

As for helping depression, most dogs near us just depress the neighbours with their barking and "pining".

But I don't like dogs, can't see the point other than if they are working animals.

Which of course means no-one else is allowed to like them.

You can like them without owning one.

I love Porsche 911s, but I don't own one.

I doubt that's over concerns about safety of others though smile.png

You've not see me drive ?

Hm, spose cost too sad.png

Edited by dilligaf

Well perhaps we should learn from the Americans and all own a gun, that would be better. And we should all own a dog. A big dog with big teeth. If it tears off a kids face so what, I live on my own and need company. Its my right.

You're a bit dim aren't you?

He's not, as it happens, I've met him.

In fact, I bought this PC off him thumbsup.gif

Ah, see it must have been all the comparisons between an animal that helps blind people have a quality of life, helps PTSD sufferers cope, helps depressed people get through the day, and helps farmers run a farm to a projectile weapon who's only purpose is to launch bits of metal at velocities high enough to cause fatal injuries.

My mistake.

I have nothing at all against any working dog, be they for the blind, rescue, Police or farm.

I just hate the people that buy dogs as toys for their kids, or to OWN as status symbols.

As for helping depression, most dogs near us just depress the neighbours with their barking and "pining".

Sounds like your problem is with bad owners rather than bad dogs. And if it's bad owners then likely they'll raise kids that play hell, are aggressive and are loud too.

Shame we can't ban such people from having either.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
10 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Everyone has a dog these days (except for me, I don’t own a dog) it used to be that only aunts and uncles had dogs, now even young ones have them and they’re totally an essential addition to every middle class home. 

True. And every fracture clinic I see dog-related injuries - old ladies being pulled over by them, people tripping over leads, slips down embankments out walking them in rotten weather, and the occasional infected bite. This has definitely increased in recent years.