Department Of Health And Social Security Launches

Upstream

The last Smoking thread has hardly finished smouldering in its ashtray when another appears.

Anyway, this is topical in that there have been a few adverts on Manx Radio lately advising that the Government will soon be inviting input from members of the public on a smoking in public places strategy:

Govt Web Page - Smoking Consultation

When I read a phrase such as

Smoking is the single biggest cause of preventable premature death and ill-health in the Isle of Man.
I am amzed that nothing has been done sooner.

But of course there are concerns other than purely health issues.

Will any forum members actually bother to take up the offer of having their views read, and possibly acted on, by our Government or is it just as effective/non-effective to write a few lines on this or a similar Internet Forum?

edited to add: the topic title was meant to read:

Department of Health and Social Security Launches Tobacco Strategy. But the title was cut-off. This makes it look like Upstream is the Department of Health and Social Security and is launching another smoking thread. Sorry to DHSS if they think I'm trying to impersonate them

Complete waste of tax. Smokers will resent further controls and write accordingly, anti-smokers will righteously wag their nicotine-free fingers.

Just like all the smoking debates here - polarised views. Government should just be brave and ban tobacco...that's the only way I'd be able to give up (I certainly wouldn't pay black market prices for snout, or acquire the skills to roll anything that doesn't look like a woman's personal care product).

Archived