Mea Resignations

ans

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the news:

All 5 Members of the board have resigned following a meeting with the gov - down to the unauthorized loan earlier on.

I had to endure 10 minutes of manxradio for that! <_<

It was just on the radio now, Donald Gelling said something along the lines of .

"We had a very long and difficult meeting with the board... It became obvious that the confidence had gone, confidence in the board from the council of ministers. Its very sad that the board tendered their resignation, confirmed today in writing."

There's an extended interview at 18:05.

mea_board.jpg

The MEA Board (back row, left to right: Charles Fargher, John Taylor, Trevor Ferrer - sitting, left to right: John McCallion, Terry Mackay).

be interesting to see how quick they change the picture on their website <_<

Could be more bad news tomorrow about the MEA, Its not 5% above inflation they want, its rumoured to be 8/10% to stay solvent for the next finacial year, as I said its just a rumour ;);) .

But an MHK stated on MR yesterday that things are worse at the MEA than already disclosed.

The IOM Government are to put together a rescue package to save the MEA who are in serious finacial difficulties, this will involve paying off £120million of the MEAs loans to save the Manx taxpayer facing a 60% increase in electricity charges

It seems to me that it has all gone wrong since the CEO, Mike Proffitt, left at the end of his term of contract in January.

Maybe we should ask him back to help sort it out. You know, like one of those trouble shooter types on the telly.

Archived