Mea Resignations

ans

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think they'd bother though and who's going to tell the UK?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a UK National newspaper hasn't already been given a great deal of information on this. They might just point out that it's just one of a series of scandals to mire the current "Government".

The last time I was listening to the opera in the Roman Arena in Verona there was no sign of anything even remotely resembling what you describe. Ditto last night down at The Rivermill Tavern.

What a pretentious tosser!

We don't get pretentious tossers in The Rivermill Tavern sonny. It's not that kind of place if you know what I mean.

I beg to differ sonny!

Has this been posted already? If so, apologies.

From this

BAILING OUT THE MEA

SPENDING on health and education could be slashed and new building work halted as taxpayers bail out the Manx Electricity Authority.

Up to £17 million a year may have to be found for almost a decade as government battles to help the MEA out of the financial mire to avoid consumers being hit by a 60 per cent electricity price hike.

The crisis saw the MEA board quit this week to be replaced with an interim board.

A bid for an independent inquiry was abandoned by Onchan MHK Peter Karran late on Wednesday.

In secret papers obtained by Friday's Manx Independent ...

This is bad.

And this was last year

Last time the UK press came over they got kicked out for not having a permit
Is that really true?

On what basis? A work permit?

Do the people who report the TT need work permits? Do the film industry people who come over?

I beg to differ sonny!

If you have been there why didn't you introduce yourself?

What did you think of the barmaids beer?

Wednesday is probably the best choice as it is boys night out. We always get absolutely bladdered on Abbott Ale and chat about all the usual beer, sex and football.

Ooops, just realised WSAG could be a girly! :)

Last time the UK press came over they got kicked out for not having a permit
Is that really true?

On what basis? A work permit?

Do the people who report the TT need work permits? Do the film industry people who come over?

Its true and I know who put the complaint in

I beg to differ sonny!

If you have been there why didn't you introduce yourself?

What did you think of the barmaids beer?

Wednesday is probably the best choice as it is boys night out. We always get absolutely bladdered on Abbott Ale and chat about all the usual beer, sex and football.

Ooops, just realised WSAG could be a girly! :)

I'd love to make it but I have a prior to watch Carmen at La Scala.....

The MEA Business Plan 2004/5 - 2006/7 is good for a laugh. This statement in particular caught my eye:

The Authority is charged (sorry) in the 1996 Electricity Act with providing a safe, secure and economic supply of electricity to the island.

You can just hear the Defence now "Well Your Honour, two out of three isn't bad....".

They should be brought to account as they have clearly failed in their statutory duties to the island.

Archived