Mea Resignations

ans

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MEA was formed by the joining together of the Douglas Corpy Electricty and the IOMEA in or about 1984,its control set up by means of a statutory board of Directors who had the responsibily of the day to day running and financing of the company, As a Statutory Board they did not have to answer or comply with all of Government regulations the same as a private company. This was tested last year when the new power station was being built, complaints were made to the MEA and the DTI that PGT were not complying with the rules set out by Government, ie Only Government approved contractors could be employed by the MEA if it was Government owned, this complaint was kicked out by the MEA quoting that they were a private company and could employ who they liked and this was tested quite a few times.

Is it bankrupt?

Its against the law to Trade while insolvent and if the MEA can not meet is costs and continue to trade at at loss is insolvent.

Ltd companies have limited liabilities, what protection to creditors have if the MEA can not pay its bills, it could force other companies to fold, thats were the insolvancy laws come in

(Fixed Quotes - Obs)

Is it bankrupt?

Its against the law to Trade while insolvent and if the MEA can not meet is costs and continue to trade at at loss is insolvent.

Ltd companies have limited liabilities, what protection to creditors have if the MEA can not pay its bills, it could force other companies to fold, thats were the insolvancy laws come in

Surely insolvency is the carrying on of trade without the hope of meeting its liabilities. There is a continuing income stream so I doubt that it could be called insolvent.

(Fixed Quotes - Obs)

So what exactly would that mean for Joe Average? Are we gonna sit in the dark, is the bill going to be picked up by the gov or are the already horrendously high electricity prices going to go up further?...

I'm telling you, I was serious about that Hamster Powerplant...

Is it bankrupt?

Surely insolvency is the carrying on of trade without the hope of meeting its liabilities. There is a continuing income stream so I doubt that it could be called insolvent.

work it out for yourself

(Fixed quotes - Obs)

Archived