Mea Resignations

ans

Myself and a few others on this site brought to the attention of the forum users the serious problem that the MEA was in some four months ago and to an extent we were ignored. All this bluster and bravado will do nothing now it is too late. This is a serious National Disaster for the Isle of Man which will be wherever possible brushed under the carpet. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE PKF REPORT. Promised in May and was to be made Public. Sent back for alterations we were told. I now believe that this report was so damning moves have been afoot to get it radically altered or withdrawn, but it may be now that our Politicians have realised that maybe just maybe this is too big to cover up. Mr Gelling has now informed us that although the AG has said that the MEA were unlawful in obtaining a further loan we wont be taking any legal action because it will damage our image. Message MR GELLING TOO LATE. Let us for once bring those responsible to task and in this way maybe a message will go out to others dealing with our money that this total incompetence is not acceptable.

On a side note Mr Eddie Teare as Chairman of the new board is a good move. I have had buisness dealings with Mr Teare over many years, he is responsible, trustworthy and has an excellent buisness brain.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mount Murray - questions that were never answered and no resignations.

The Incinerator - things don't sound good.

Ballacain - Ex Chief Ministers wife arrested and charged with Public Money from Government involved.

MEA - Ooops, it seems we need another £120 million, now how could we have missed that?

And those are just the ones we know about........

Are they running a Government or a Circus?

Don´t forget IRIS, those are just the big f.ups, what about the localised ones, ramsey town hall, PSM commissioners

what about the impending ayre tip fiasco(s)

etc. etc.

Prison at Jurby..... New Hospital..... lal, la, la, la, la

I'm telling ya, recoup the money by turning the Island into a theme park. Welcome to Disney Island and meet your loveable MHK's Mickey, Goofy and the Seven Dwarfs.

Theme rides: IRIS (log flume) / Power Station Chimney (Helter Skelter) / Hospital (Ghost Train) / Incinerator (BBQ) / Prison (Magic Kingdom Hotel)

xxxx it if they can turn the island into a joke, so can I. :angry:

From what I have heard the MEA have spent a considerable amount on their Skyward project (IP over the Powergrid). They a had a team of consultants / contractors working on this for over 2 years.

However they have been told they will not get a licence to operate / light the cable (despite being encouraged to do this by the DTI) to act as an ISP / Carrier due to the amount of political pressure exerted on them by a certain local telecoms company.

As such they appear to have cracked all the technical issues (I believe the MEA now hold some patents on some of this) and have the infrastructure largely in place to deliver - only to be told that they can not do it. It seems to me that allowing them a licence would be good for IOM Plc and provide them with an important additional revenue stream and some good PR if they can get there act together. Of course said local telecoms company may not be please to have to fight for business on a commercial basis.

Seems the national reserves will not cover the full amount of borrowings so give em a licence, light the fibre and try and rescue something from this pigs breakfast.

Just a thought.

From what I have heard the MEA have spent a considerable amount on their Skyward project (IP over the Powergrid).  They a had a team of consultants / contractors working on this for over 2 years.

However they have been told they will not get a licence to operate / light the cable (despite being encouraged to do this by the DTI) to act as an ISP / Carrier due to the amount of political pressure exerted on them by a certain local telecoms company. 

As such they appear to have cracked all the technical issues (I believe the MEA now hold some patents on some of this) and have the infrastructure largely in place to deliver - only to be told that they can not do it.  It seems to me that allowing them a licence would be good for IOM Plc and provide them with an important additional revenue stream and some good PR if they can get there act together.  Of course said local telecoms company may not be please to have to fight for business on a commercial basis.

Seems the national reserves will not cover the full amount of borrowings so give em a licence, light the fibre and try and rescue something from this pigs breakfast.

Just a thought.

I hear a well known Bank has a charge/deed of bond on the Cable

Archived