Mea Resignations

ans

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donald Gelling said in Tynwald that the loans were illegal and that crimnal proceedings should take place but they are not going to happen as in would not be in the best interest of the IOM and would only produce more bad publicity.

So this will be in Hansard? What does he imagine will happen if the UK press get hold of it when it's there in black and white?

It's all here http://www.manxradio.com/uploaded/audio/mea-gell.wma

It may be time for the UK Government to take a look at the affairs of this Government before the hole that they are digging for themselves gets to deep.

They are going to cover it up like most scandals

It may be time for the UK Government to take a look at the affairs of this Government before the hole that they are digging for themselves gets to deep.

They are going to cover it up like most scandals

So other than contacting newspapers on the Mainland what process is needed to get the lid blown off this and other scandals.

This disgusting state of affairs has been allowed to continue far too long.

To the best of my knowledge the MEA is a wholly owned statutory board with only one shareholder - the IOM Government.  To my mind they are as responsible as the board.

If that is the case then there should be resignations from the government as well starting with Downie.

His incompetence is simply staggering.

Well I'm not so sure the business and money money community will agree with you. We get that MoneyMedia magazine every month and looking back over the past issues his picture is always in the magazine, usually about 3 - 4 times.

If that is the case then there should be resignations from the government as well starting with Downie. 

His incompetence is simply staggering.

Well I'm not so sure the business and money money community will agree with you. We get that MoneyMedia magazine every month and looking back over the past issues his picture is always in the magazine, usually about 3 - 4 times.

It’s quite amazing how far in an organisation a person can advance their career not by ability but simply by doing what they’re told to do.

"Donald Gelling said in Tynwald that the loans were illegal and that crimnal proceedings should take place but they are not going to happen as in would not be in the best interest of the IOM and would only produce more bad publicity."

Don't the Police have a duty to investigate this now it is in the public domain? I may be wrong here but isn't that the purpose of the Financial Crimes Unit?

"Donald Gelling said in Tynwald that the loans were illegal and that crimnal proceedings should take place but they are not going to happen as in would not be in the best interest of the IOM and would only produce more bad publicity."

Don't the Police have a duty to investigate this now it is in the public domain? I may be wrong here but isn't that the purpose of the Financial Crimes Unit?

I suspect that in a situation such as this a complaint has first to be made to the police.

In theory by anyone however there is no question of a prosecution coming about as the decision of if to prosecute or not is down to the AG and not top the police.

As DG has stated that such a prosecution would not be in the best interests of the Island such a prosecution simply would not happen.

Remember where you live.

The best option would be for someone to make contact with the Mainland Press and hope that ensuing investigations and press stories would shame the Powers-that-be on the Island into doing something regarding this matter and the disgusting things that persistently get covered up.

Covered up or simply delayed again and again in the lmowledge that the ingrained belief held by most people on the Island that you can't beat the ‘Manx-Mafia’ will result in them just being forgotten.

And they continue to get away with it.

now it is in the public domain So Mr Culverhouse & Co are quite happy to let this one slide? Kinda undermines my confidence in the rule of law and order on this Island. Must be a benefit of having a politicised police force I suppose...

There are very few things for which the police can bring a prosecution themselves. This is not such a thing.

All the police could do would be to issue a report along with recommendations to the AG.

It would be down to him to decide if to prosecute or not.

With the assertion made by Gelling it simply would not happen.

Don’t blame the Old Bill, their hands are tied. The process works in just the same way on the Mainland.

Archived