Police water cannon use rejected by home secretary

malebrain

WTF,

Theresa May said "without safeguards" they had "the capacity to cause harm".

Well let's just throw cotton wool and pillows to disperse a violent crowd. It gets better London Mayor Boris Johnson authorised the purchase of three second-hand cannon, at a total cost of £328,883. Do they not talk to each other?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33538171

Maybe Boris could sell them on to Spewin Juan.

They'll be fecking needing them over here soon, the way it's going....

Really? No, really? The bastion of violent protest that is the Isle of Man? Where citizens take to the street for the slightest of affronts delivered by the mighty IOMG?

Well, of course, I mean....who could forget the Peel Riots of 2003, when Emma Cringle almost kicked over a wheelie bin in protest of kippers having gone up in price by 5 pence, or the Douglas Troubles, when Willy Kneale nearly picked up his pitchfork after the government announced changes to disabled parking, but then couldn't find the key to the shed?

You need a water cannon as much as a blind monk needs a subscription to bighooters.com. IOMG could require you to walk around with pink tophats while having to say superalanfragilisticexbellalidocious everytime you pass the wedding cake and you lot wouldn't do more than grumble while sitting on your couch. You still have it way too good to riot. You're galaxies away from any hardship.

If you get the bloody thing, use it to extinguish some MHK pants, and while you're at it, flush the MLCs out of a building and political insitution they should not be in.

Maybe Boris could sell them on to Spewin Juan.

They'll be fecking needing them over here soon, the way it's going....

Really? No, really? The bastion of violent protest that is the Isle of Man? Where citizens take to the street for the slightest of affronts delivered by the mighty IOMG?

Well, of course, I mean....who could forget the Peel Riots of 2003, when Emma Cringle almost kicked over a wheelie bin in protest of kippers having gone up in price by 5 pence, or the Douglas Troubles, when Willy Kneale nearly picked up his pitchfork after the government announced changes to disabled parking, but then couldn't find the key to the shed?

You need a water cannon as much as a blind monk needs a subscription to bighooters.com. IOMG could require you to walk around with pink tophats while having to say superalanfragilisticexbellalidocious everytime you pass the wedding cake and you lot wouldn't do more than grumble while sitting on your couch. You still have it way too good to riot. You're galaxies away from any hardship.

If you get the bloody thing, use it to extinguish some MHK pants, and while you're at it, flush the MLCs out of a building and political insitution they should not be in.

Oh do shut up, you insufferable bore.

The Isle of Man wouldn't even protest if every first child was to be burnt at a stake. "Oh, it's fine, I know <politician> from down the road, I voted for him, he'll make sure he sees us right"

The only person who arranged a useful protest with signatories last was that Amy bird, and according to this forum she's as dumb as a bag of rocks that thinks it's potatoes.

In fact every protest over the past few years has been over the Government cutting back something and people going "Oh no, can't do that, we need our Ramsey Post Office", rather than walking 20 yards down the road to the Spar.

I found it interesting how they're very concerned about the injuries they could cause if unleashed on London but have no issue dousing people down in Belfast every year.

I found it interesting how they're very concerned about the injuries they could cause if unleashed on London but have no issue dousing people down in Belfast every year.

The police there often have to deal with angry crowds armed with water pistols and balloons.

If people are rioting to the scale they were in london following that duggan bloke being shot then I see no issues with the cannons. If you're prepared to loot set fires throw petrol bombs and stones you should be prepared for force used on you. It must be good to know for business owners who lose their livelihoods that the police didn't do all in their power to save their property because some politician decided they couldn't possibly put the cuddly rioters at risk of harm

You have obviously forgotten the great "bread riot" of 1918! If I remember rightly the bread subsidy was decreased (?). Anyway, Douglas ratepayers, who were struggling from the loss of the tourist trade during the war, took to the streets in protest.

There's more about it in Samuel Norris' reminiscences, Manx Memories and Movements.

You have obviously forgotten the great "bread riot" of 1918! If I remember rightly the bread subsidy was decreased (?). Anyway, Douglas ratepayers, who were struggling from the loss of the tourist trade during the war, took to the streets in protest.

Of course everyone's forgot about it, it was 4 generations ago. And in return for the riots, we got Income Tax.

Better than starvation though :P

Archived