Nazi salute - Palace fury as pictures emerge after 80 years

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could a 'wave' to attract attention be interpreted by some to be a "Nazi salute"

I've been given to understand that to wave a straight arm when in the sea for example is normally interpreted to mean that someone is in trouble/ drowning and is unlikely to indicate solidarity with a fascist dictator but I could be wrong

just saying

The Sun does not create the news, just reports what others do

To be fair, the sun chooses to suddenly report something trivial that happened 80+ years ago. I think (hope) they've shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Many years ago the "Examiner" I think it was published a 1930s picture of German soldiers with swastika flag etc marching past the war memorial on Douglas promenade...They were on an official UK visit that took in the Isle of Man also...I think they were parading as part of what was then known as "Armistice Day" I have tried to track down this photo from time to time but to no avail.

Many years ago the "Examiner" I think it was published a 1930s picture of German soldiers with swastika flag etc marching past the war memorial on Douglas promenade...They were on an official UK visit that took in the Isle of Man also...I think they were parading as part of what was then known as "Armistice Day" I have tried to track down this photo from time to time but to no avail.

Can't be assed looking, but was that photo not put on here some time back. ? (2 or 3 years ago maybe)

I think the film is of historic interest.

Hitler didn't just entrance Germamy, but many appeasers of his phobias and desires too.

Edward VIII was almost certainly one of them and here is likely evidence of the beginnings of his romance.

Sure there is more than an element of larking about. But that is the point. Fascist theatrics from Musselini to Hitler had caught a mood not only of their own countries but all across Europe and the World.

Here's a couple of links to follow. Took me ages to find.

http://www.newspapers.gov.im/Default/Skins/IOMDemo/Client.asp?skin=IOMDemo&enter=true&AppName=2&AW=1437339287568

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.george-broderick.de/files/ns_docs/ns-1936_german_visit_to_man.doc&ved=0CBwQFjAAahUKEwi7wO3_h-jGAhXiF9sKHYt-C28&usg=AFQjCNGkA8LcZQ742wWOKPykf7t_curiyg

Archived