Putin's Russia and the New Cold War

Chinahand

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia's psychi is dominated by a sado masochism where the put-down male, trapped in a life of corruption, bureaucracy and decline, expresses his machismo via adoration of the alpha male leading the pack, the clan, the volk, to glorify the motherland.

Putin fits this role to a tee, adored by the wife- and gay-beater riding his Harley dressed in black leather. The irony is that those who see through the elite control of the political process in the west give Putin a free pass, but he knows exactly who butters his bread and for all this alpha male of the people image Putin has cultivated a political economy far more in fife to the oligarchs than anything the U.S. Robber Barons ever dreamed of.

Such is the enigma of Russia but what can you expect from a psychi which has endured Lennin's revolution, Stalin's purges, WWII, Brejnev's decline and Yeltsin's alcoholism. Pity the Baltics and the Ukraine with mass killings justified by Putin's ego and fear the fact that Putin would use all of Russia's Cold War arsenal, and more, to try to convince the west that it is not worth us stopping barbarism in a country far away which we do not understand*

* is that allusion to Atleean appeasement close enough? I'm on my phone and googling the full phrase is beyond me!

Given that Putin saw in the disgusting anti-gay laws which have lead to LGBT people being attacked, I automatically have distain for him.

Russia is an Orthodox Christian country. They have every right to legislate as they see fit. Why are you so intolerant of traditional values?

Given that Putin saw in the disgusting anti-gay laws which have lead to LGBT people being attacked, I automatically have distain for him.

Russia is an Orthodox Christian country. They have every right to legislate as they see fit. Why are you so intolerant of traditional values?

Are you being serious? you sound a bit like Spooky ? lolbiggrin.png

A sensible position, one which I agree with - so of course it's sensible!

If only more people could see past the borders, nations, politicians, governments, and other superficial differences, and realise ordinary people everywhere have so much more in common than they differ, and most just want to get on with their own lives. It's the people at the top who are the problem and cause of all the wars, yet they're not the ones who are used as fodder in their wars.

When traditional values are used as justification for attacking innocent people, then yes...I become intolerant of their intolerance

When traditional values are used as justification for attacking innocent people, then yes...I become intolerant of their intolerance

You can't be the conscience of the entire world. Different people, different values. All sincerely held.

Archived