Putin's Russia and the New Cold War

Chinahand

Given that Putin saw in the disgusting anti-gay laws which have lead to LGBT people being attacked, I automatically have distain for him.

Russia is an Orthodox Christian country. They have every right to legislate as they see fit. Why are you so intolerant of traditional values?

When traditional values are used as justification for attacking innocent people, then yes...I become intolerant of their intolerance

You can't be the conscience of the entire world. Different people, different values. All sincerely held.

There is a difference between a personal held belief and using said personal held belief as justification for attacking someone with a differing belief.

And that is a strange statement coming from you considering your well documented comments on Muslims.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an international statesman he seems second to none. You might disagree with some if his actions but he's nothing if not decisive, strong and everything the Russian people want in a leader. He also tied the west in knots over Syria and Ukraine as he's a smart cookie.

I had to laugh when Putin announced 'Gay people are welcome at the Winter Olympics.....just stay away from the children!'

On another occasion Putin was being shown a private jewellery collection in New York. He picked up a huge diamond ring, showed everyone how it looked on his hand, said thank you and put his hand in his pocket. No one had the nerve to say anything and he just kept the thing! Top man ;)

Given that Putin saw in the disgusting anti-gay laws which have lead to LGBT people being attacked, I automatically have distain for him.

Russia is an Orthodox Christian country. They have every right to legislate as they see fit. Why are you so intolerant of traditional values?

When traditional values are used as justification for attacking innocent people, then yes...I become intolerant of their intolerance

You can't be the conscience of the entire world. Different people, different values. All sincerely held.

There is a difference between a personal held belief and using said personal held belief as justification for attacking someone with a differing belief.

And that is a strange statement coming from you considering your well documented comments on Muslims.

I must say I'm not particularly fond of Russia.

I understand the Orthodox Christian piece but really it doesn't show the country in a good light when people are going round in an almost vigilante type way with a genuine belief that being a homosexual automatically means you are a danger to children.

Seems like a great place to be a hetrosexual peado.

Seems like a great place to be a hetrosexual peado.

Bit like the UK then.

• 5 months later...

probable paedo president putin probably poisoned patriotic person

what a fucking numbskull, why make it so obvious? i personally would have probably made litvinenko climb into and then padlock himself in a holdall a quarter of his size to make it look like suicide. amateurs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12111812/Alexander-Litvinenko-Inquiry-murder

probably whilst sinking a can of carslberg.

big bad dave is probably gonna kick his ass for this one though if i was putin i'd probably be a little pissed off that i missed out on the new years honours list.

• 5 months later...

i genuinely find it hard to comprehend that anybody could still see what's going on in ukraine and see it as russian aggression. give it a rest dave you fuckwit we will renew trident ok? becomes a little clearer why he stayed on for the next few months now. the thick bastard needs to realise that the size in area of a country is quite important in the case of nuclear war. and fuckwits that think trident is any deterrent probably need their heads examined.

the new tony blair.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3682454/Europe-risks-war-Russia-Brexit-leads-cracks-opening-continent-s-ability-stand-Vladimir-Putin-warns-David-Cameron.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/09/david-cameron-trident-renewal-vote-next-week-shows-uk-is-not-tur/

Archived