Putin's Russia and the New Cold War

Chinahand

And its not like Putin hasn't made any noise about trying to reclaim all the money said former Soviets might have "accidently" squirreled away from their former roles in the Motherland...

Putin would divide it out between his friends. He runs a gangster state.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And its not like Putin hasn't made any noise about trying to reclaim all the money said former Soviets might have "accidently" squirreled away from their former roles in the Motherland...

The British establishment just run a slightly more gentrified and aristocratic version instead, but it's jobs for the boys all the same.

I suspect Duterte has let the cat out prematurely.

He has rejected America, and has stated he wants the Philippines to allign with China and Russia. I suspect we might be seeing a new rival to NATO, based in the pacific. China wants America out of the Pacific. And Duterte agrees. Who next?

I'm pretty sure Duterte will end up not doing so well as his allies get bought away.

Not sure. He has a lot of American military equipment to bring to the table.

Sorry. I am wrong. Done a search. They only have ancient American ships and planes. Nothing modern.

The British establishment just run a slightly more gentrified and aristocratic version instead, but it's jobs for the boys all the same.

There is no useful comparison. Mrs May will not have you disappeared by thugs at 3AM if you disagree with her in public.

There is no useful comparison. Mrs May will not have you disappeared by thugs at 3AM if you disagree with her in public.

Which is my point. We run a slightly more refined form of oligarchy where the cosy club is protected in other ways, with the use of the state and it's apparatus at it's disposal, but an oligarchy all the same.

Lol.

As usual your understanding on the subject is laughable.

The minute that the British government announced they would commence bombing operations in Syria, shares in BAE, GE, etc all took off (excuse the pun).

There is no money in peace, so the government needs to keep the rabble roused to keep the war effort going. And to do that they need a "bogey man".

Lets not forget, we invaded Syria, where as Russia were invited by the standing government of the day. We don't have a great record getting involved in the internal affairs of Middle Eastern countries (Libya being a very recent example of this).

Archived