Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Documentary on Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06j7qw8/sir-alex-ferguson-secrets-of-success

A 60 minute insight on the qualities of leadership.

But I appreciated the necessity for the rest of the Club to be just as capable/professional as the Manager and players.

David Gill (subsequently retired) looked a smart cookie and probably hasn't received the recognition that his role demanded.

As an example, I remember Kaka not going to City about 5 years back.

The Executive Chairman, Garry Cook said that Milan had "bottled it" or some equally inane 'face saving' comment. Somehow I doubt David Gill would've behaved in a similar fashion.

City finally settled for Craig Bellamy, Shay Given, Wayne Bridge and Nigel de Jong instead!

SAF interviewer Nick Robinson, a self-confessed Utd fan, employs an interview technique bordering on the sychophantic. Which is a shame given his experience and one which didn't endear him to the impartial viewer. Reminded me of Parky in the 70's when he believed the show was all about him and the guests were superfluous.

Makes you wish the late Alan Whicker was still around to tease the very best out of an interviewee .

Only 28 days remaining from 13/Oct.

TBT.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the sacking of managers.

The process can unfairly disrupt other Clubs whose manager is 'in the frame' to replace the departing manager.

What say the Forum if Clubs can only recruit a manager as it does players i.e. via the transfer window?

With the obvious exceptions of those managers not currently under contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

TBT.

What say the Forum if Clubs can only recruit a manager as it does players i.e. via the transfer window?

Ignoring the fact that as a club, you'd rather have the manager in place during the transfer window, which would probably mean you would have to have a separate window immediately preceding the player window, this would never work because manager contracts aren't bought and sold like players.

Big Sam is an excellent appointment. He's a very good manager. It won't be easy for Sunderland to get out of trouble but he will organise them, get them a bit fitter, and ensure they have the desire over 90 minutes. I expect them to stay up and consolidate next season to mid table under him.

And just how well are West Ham doing? Some credit to Big Sam there too who brought in some decent players over the last couple of years. They have a bit of depth too. Wouldn't surprise me to see West Ham remain in and around the top 6. Song, Valencia and Carroll coming back gives them options too.

I'm no fan of Sherwood but that sacking at Villa seems a touch odd. 12 games ago he's the saviour of the club. Then you lose the spine of an already not good enough team (Benteke, Delph, Vlaar), bring in a load of unproven players (many quite young and foreign) and wonder why they are struggling. Benteke's goals have kept them up the last two seasons.

Archived