Premiership 2015/16

ans

Big Sam is an excellent appointment. He's a very good manager. It won't be easy for Sunderland to get out of trouble but he will organise them, get them a bit fitter, and ensure they have the desire over 90 minutes. I expect them to stay up and consolidate next season to mid table under him.

And just how well are West Ham doing? Some credit to Big Sam there too who brought in some decent players over the last couple of years. They have a bit of depth too. Wouldn't surprise me to see West Ham remain in and around the top 6. Song, Valencia and Carroll coming back gives them options too.

I'm no fan of Sherwood but that sacking at Villa seems a touch odd. 12 games ago he's the saviour of the club. Then you lose the spine of an already not good enough team (Benteke, Delph, Vlaar), bring in a load of unproven players (many quite young and foreign) and wonder why they are struggling. Benteke's goals have kept them up the last two seasons.

I hope you're right on Big Sam, I would just like some stability at the club.

Sherwood's sacking was a tad unfair, they only just survived last season and have since lost their only decent players. What exactly do their directors expect?

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherwood's sacking was a tad unfair, they only just survived last season and have since lost their only decent players. What exactly do their directors expect?

You know he spent over 50m this summer, right? We're a lower tier club, no sane fan is dreaming of CL qualification or even Europa League but for that money, we shouldn't be in the basement.

There were only five clubs this summer who spent more. All of whom have CL aspirations and bags of money. Newcastle fans should probably look away as the same applies to you.

I stuck with Lambert for a good while, I actually thought he was a decent manager and the fans took a long, long time to turn on him. He suffered some awful luck and some injuries to key players screwed him at crucial times. He had the right idea about bringing youth through and spent pretty wisely, with no expensive busts. Even players he probably paid over the odds for (Downing) he managed to sell on for a chunky profit.

Sherwood is dreadful, he has no place in top flight management and that's two Premier League clubs who have sacked him after only 28 games. I'd put money on him never being appointed to a Premier League job again. You hear him speak and you don't get a sense that he has one iota of managerial skill. I'm glad he's gone now, so we can get someone in to try and rescue our season before it's too late.

The Chelsea fans were singing the song about Gerrard's slip in the last few minutes of the game yesterday. It sounded so impotent, instead of roaring their team on to victory, singing "we'll support you everymore" in defiance of a defeat. Champions, being beaten 3-1 at home by an out of form team and all their fans can cling to is an incident two seasons ago involving an ex-player. Things must be worse there than we imagined.

The Chelsea fans were singing the song about Gerrard's slip in the last few minutes of the game yesterday. It sounded so impotent, instead of roaring their team on to victory, singing "we'll support you everymore" in defiance of a defeat. Champions, being beaten 3-1 at home by an out of form team and all their fans can cling to is an incident two seasons ago involving an ex-player. Things must be worse there than we imagined.

It's in every PL teams best interest that Mourhino is given the support of the Chelsea heirarchy. Despite his best efforts to turn things around, they aren't making much of a shape.

A tad unlucky against The Reds in the 1st half, but comprehensively outclassed in the second. And time for a clear out in the form of Terry who has been a magnificent servant, works harder than most and their best player in the recent past, but it's late 2015 and he's no longer at the level he (and Chelsea) needs him to be.

Just as an aside, does anyone else see a likeness of Bingo (of Banana Splits fame) in Reds manager Jurgen Klopp?

post-35120-0-67537700-1446418398_thumb.jpg post-35120-0-05894400-1446418405_thumb.jpg

TBT.

Big Sam is an excellent appointment. He's a very good manager. It won't be easy for Sunderland to get out of trouble but he will organise them, get them a bit fitter, and ensure they have the desire over 90 minutes. I expect them to stay up and consolidate next season to mid table under him.

And just how well are West Ham doing? Some credit to Big Sam there too who brought in some decent players over the last couple of years. They have a bit of depth too. Wouldn't surprise me to see West Ham remain in and around the top 6. Song, Valencia and Carroll coming back gives them options too.

I'm no fan of Sherwood but that sacking at Villa seems a touch odd. 12 games ago he's the saviour of the club. Then you lose the spine of an already not good enough team (Benteke, Delph, Vlaar), bring in a load of unproven players (many quite young and foreign) and wonder why they are struggling. Benteke's goals have kept them up the last two seasons.

I hope you're right on Big Sam, I would just like some stability at the club.

>I hope you're right on Big Sam,

Despite his team's disappointment at Goodison today (Sun) he gave an excellent, unambiguous, objective appraisal of their performance. Rare for a PL manager to be so honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34630289

I can see him improving the situation before the season is out.

Big Sam doesn't have a sparkling reputation but he has an excellent knowledge of football, has innovated (he was in on the sports science angle from the outset) and is noted for getting the best out of players.

In post #4, I had Sunderland to go down this season; but given Advocaat's early departure, Big Sam's appointment and their 1st half display today, I may have to revise my opinion.

Best of luck to them all the same.

TBT.

Was enjoyable watching the blues get 6 goals yesterday but some of the passing was very sloppy - I think Allardyce will have Sunderland getting results soon though, good in phases until their heads dropped and they gave up

Archived