Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I hope you're right on Big Sam,

Despite his team's disappointment at Goodison today (Sun) he gave an excellent, unambiguous, objective appraisal of their performance. Rare for a PL manager to be so honest.

TBT.

Not rare when they move in to a new job. They tell you what a heap of shit they've inherited so they can bask in the improvement when they've turned it around. Sam will do a job there like he always does.

>I hope you're right on Big Sam,

Despite his team's disappointment at Goodison today (Sun) he gave an excellent, unambiguous, objective appraisal of their performance. Rare for a PL manager to be so honest.

TBT.

Not rare when they move in to a new job. They tell you what a heap of shit they've inherited so they can bask in the improvement when they've turned it around. Sam will do a job there like he always does.

>Sam will do a job there like he always does.

I'm led to believe non of Sam's former teams have been relegated under his charge.
Hot news...Moyes just been binned by Real Sociedad after 364 days.
TBT.

i know for a fact that most west ham fans would rather have been relegated with a new manager than endure another season of big sam negativity..

West Ham fans have delusions of grandeur. "The West Ham Way" and all of that cobblers. They've done nothing except yo-yo for decades. Sam did well there with the resources he was given. Until they were hit by injuries last season they were playing some lovely football, not at all negative. They're doing OK at the moment, but it will all level off. They are dreaming of the Champions' League. Dream on. They are a mid-table side, nothing more, and even that is down to Sam's efforts. Have a look how Sam's previous clubs have fared after he left. Not a pretty picture.

West Ham WERE playing decent football under Allardyce up unti about Xmas last season when they got hit with some key injuries.

I see Payet is out for 3 months. He's been a big player for them this season and it'll be interesting to see how they cope and how their style may need to adapt. Certainly Song and Noble in the middle provide no attacking guile.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chelsea fans were singing the song about Gerrard's slip in the last few minutes of the game yesterday. It sounded so impotent, instead of roaring their team on to victory, singing "we'll support you everymore" in defiance of a defeat. Champions, being beaten 3-1 at home by an out of form team and all their fans can cling to is an incident two seasons ago involving an ex-player. Things must be worse there than we imagined.

City fans were singing it with 10 minutes to go today. They might as well have been singing "This is all we've got left, this is all we've got left, we're getting well beaten, but someone once fell on their arse"

• 3 weeks later...

The Chelsea fans were singing the song about Gerrard's slip in the last few minutes of the game yesterday. It sounded so impotent, instead of roaring their team on to victory, singing "we'll support you everymore" in defiance of a defeat. Champions, being beaten 3-1 at home by an out of form team and all their fans can cling to is an incident two seasons ago involving an ex-player. Things must be worse there than we imagined.

>The Chelsea fans were singing the song about Gerrard's slip in the last few minutes of the game...

A month on and now the Chelsea manager seems to have given up.

Mourhino's usual stance following defeat is to blame the referee/groundsman/St John's ambulance/Eva Canerio/Uncle Tom Cobbley; but now, after further disappointment at Leicester, Mourhino criticises his players.

Distraught Chelsea fans ringing in to R5live suggesting that maybe, just maybe, Jose should take the first available opportunity to further his career with another club.

Meanwhile, a lovely gesture involving the patients and staff at Alder Hey Children's Hospital. They're going to break with tradition, this year visiting Sturridge over the Christmas period.

Back at Anfield, Klipperty and team take a bow in front of The Kop having comprehensively overwhelmed West Brom. w00t.gif

post-35120-0-38958900-1450132993_thumb.jpg

TBT.

Didn't you draw with a team in the relegation zone? And aren't you below Liverpool in the table?

I realise those things may be an inconvenience to your narrative but it's seems churlish to mock a team that had a better weekend than you did.

Does anyone have a credible theory for the Chelsea situation?

I mean, football can throw up funny results every now and then, it's that kind of game. But generally speaking, the best team usually wins much more often than not. Now I wouldn't claim that Chelsea have the best collection of talent (Man City) or play the best as a team (Arsenal) but they have a squad of internationals, some of whom have played with the club for years so it's not like they've just parachuted a load of superstars who don't know each other. In fact, Pedro is the only notable arrival and he's not played much anyway, it's hardly a Shevchenko type problem. This is a team that walked to the title last year.

Not asking for anyone to rehash the jokes, or retread all the comedy rumours, it's a serious question, which as a fairly casual observer, I can't think of an answer to.

Archived