Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come, come now.

We've had the cringeworthy white Armani suits, the 'Support Suarez' T-shirts, the shiny toothed 'real deal' charlatan...but this, a curtain call for an eleventh hour home draw with West Brom. If that isn't a comedy club, then you tell me what is. thumbsup.gif

Had Rodgers' presided over this a few weeks back, The Kop would've called for his head.

If Guardiola ever makes it to the PL, then Klopp's as good as bust.

Just sayin' like.

>Does anyone have a credible theory for the Chelsea situation?

Unlimited resources with an expectation to match has the fans questioning him for the first time.

Mourinho didn't return to Chelsea, he was pushed out of Real Madrid. Though the 'smoke and mirrors' it's a marriage of convenience.

Terry previously had an unassailable influence on and off the pitch, now he's in decline there may be internal machinations coveting the position.

Costa turned up for the start of the season as fat as he was late; seems he's not to keen on discipline, as current referees are now all too aware.

Up until now Mourinho's results afforded him a degree of latitude (both in and external), 'spare the rod and spoil the child'?

He'd do well to reflect on being sacked by Abramovich when he thought he was bigger than the club.

Sacking Canerio reflected badly on Chelsea FC as they condoned Mourinho's decision. They lost a lot of goodwill with that decision, and to top it off, it was a genuinely wrong call.

Too many mercenary players in it for the money/medals. There's a dearth of home grown, hungry players wanting to fight for the team ethic.

How many current 1st teamers have come through their academy?

One wonders whether Mourinho/Chelsea could've extracted the best out of Lukaku, De Bruyne. At Chelsea's level, could they have spent time in developing such skills? They have over 25 players out on loan!

Due to the favourable allocation of tv money throughout the PL, they haven't got the financial differential they once had. Everton 'had' to sell Rooney, Lescott and Rodwell for £60M; but didn't need to sell Stones for £40M.

Chelsea never have been a 'glamour' club, not since Charlie Cooke, Peter Osgood, Bonetti, Tambling. Attracting the best players has, in the most part, been achieved with money; a problem exacerbated by a lack of European football next season.

And make no mistake, Championship football isn't out of the question. Villa are gone, Big Sam will make it by the skin of his teeth (if Borini thinks he can amble about the pitch like he did under Rodgers, then he needs to think again!), so there are a couple of vacancies at that end of the league. The time to avoid the scramble for an exit was Oct/Nov 2015, and Chelsea haven't capitalised.

A bad run over Christmas will see the end of Mourinho...whether he likes it or not.

TBT.

I remember in Viz there was a cartoon called "Great Moments in Scottish Footballing History". It had three panels, one of which depicted Maradona with his "Hand of God" routine, one of which was Waddle missing his penalty, and the final one was Gazza crying, I think.

Similarly the greatest moments in an Evertonian's life were Gerrard's slip, Ronnie Rosenthal's missed sitter, and Iago Aspas' corner. Or [add your own event involving LFC, in a bad way, here]

I thought Villa were a little unlucky against Arsenal on Sunday and I'm saying that as an Arsenal fan. The penalty was a 50/50, yes Hutton had his arm around Walcott but I think if that was given against us I would of been unhappy. The 2nd goal came from a tackle that the ref could of easily given as a foul against Arsenal. Seeing the replay Ramsey did get the ball but he got the man as well. It caught Villa a bit cold and one good pass did the damage.

In the 2nd half Villa huffed and puffed and played some decent stuff without troubling the Arsenal defence too much. I just think they are playing as a team that are already down. Remi Garde needs to get them motivated and I'm sure the results will come.

Arsenal didnt play that well on Sunday and seemed a little lethargic, Ramsey apart. I hope they pick it up for next Monday for Man City.

As for Mourinho, success in failure anyone ? :)

Oh come, come now.

We've had the cringeworthy white Armani suits, the 'Support Suarez' T-shirts, the shiny toothed 'real deal' charlatan...but this, a curtain call for an eleventh hour home draw with West Brom. If that isn't a comedy club, then you tell me what is. thumbsup.gif

Gosh, do you really want to go there?

How about a "big club" that hasn't won anything for twenty years. With a stadium most league 1 sides would laugh at. Pushing "half season tickets" every year. Who's CEO admitted that their match going fan base isn't big enough to justify a larger stadium.

Cap that with the shrine to the "Moyesiah" in the supporters pub bearing the immortal words "you don't need trophies to be a winner but he is a winner".

Best.Local.Rivals.Ever.

Oh come, come now.

Gosh, do you really want to go there?

How about a "big club" that hasn't won anything for twenty years. With a stadium most league 1 sides would laugh at. Pushing "half season tickets" every year. Who's CEO admitted that their match going fan base isn't big enough to justify a larger stadium.

Cap that with the shrine to the "Moyesiah" in the supporters pub bearing the immortal words "you don't need trophies to be a winner but he is a winner".

Best.Local.Rivals.Ever.

>Gosh, do you really want to go there?

Why not? It's Christmas and we could do with a laugh.

Had to love the tomato sauce at 10:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uly4BS73hWs

TBT.

To be fair....most Blues aren't half as interested in the Kopites as they wished we were!

We are both a pretty insignificant element of the league table these days....that's what should be of more concern!!

>We are both a pretty insignificant element of the league table these days...

Forest did it in the 70's. Villa and Everton did it in the 80's. United with 'the kids' did it in the 90's. And Leicester might do it in 2016.

But the days are few and far between when a very good team (minus a galactico and unrivalled finance) can win the league.

The real problems come when a club spends inappropriately 'living the dream', then fails to deliver. Leeds probably the most spectacular meltdown, but there are plenty of others.

And there are lots of clubs that have loaned out players they've bought and subsequently don't want, yet still have to honour their contracts; Alberto, Balotelli, Borini, Carrol and Markovich among dozens of others in recent past.

Even with the obscene tv money, it's only a matter of time before another Leeds or Rangers face oblivion.

Karen Brady said that West Ham salaries accounted for 97% of overall turnover; and she's supposed to be a business guru.

Bolton haven't paid their staff since October.

FIFA scandals dominate the press.

One wonders if it will eventually implode?

TBT.

To be fair....most Blues aren't half as interested in the Kopites as they wished we were!

We are both a pretty insignificant element of the league table these days....that's what should be of more concern!!

BT is the exception rather than the rule then.

If I was a blue my biggest concern would be the twenty year trophy drought. Let us worry about the league lad.

Archived