Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle are an absolute joke. They've been in a similar situation before, but that time time they only had 8 games left and chose to bring in a big name, Alan 'football genius' Shearer. From those 8 games he needed to get 6 points. They got 5. And relegated.

I love Rafa but I think this is a mistake, both for him and for Newcastle. They should have gone for Moyes.

Newcastle are an absolute joke. They've been in a similar situation before, but that time time they only had 8 games left and chose to bring in a big name, Alan 'football genius' Shearer. From those 8 games he needed to get 6 points. They got 5. And relegated.

I love Rafa but I think this is a mistake, both for him and for Newcastle. They should have gone for Moyes.

I'd like to know how much they are paying him before declaring it a mistake. Naturally, if he DOES keep them up it was a gilded move for both parties. Of course it's the lazy twats on the field who are the problem because they don't give a toss.

Moyes? w00t.gif About as good as McLaren.

The implications of relegation are unlimited.

Newcastle will get parachute payments if they go down but given that the minimum each team is getting next year is something like £98m then you cannot really pay Rafa enough to keep them up. I think had the existing manager been kept they were looking highly likely to go down.

I think Benitez will keep them up. If he does then £10m would be worth it as far as paying him goes.

I see the fat waiter has agreed a relegation release clause for himself though so maybe he is not that confident. Good cup manager maybe but when was the last time he won a league title?

It also looks like many of Liverpool's problems may have been as a direct result of his management. Let's remember that even he could not get Torres scoring at Chelsea despite their history at Liverpool.

I see the fat waiter has agreed a relegation release clause for himself though so maybe he is not that confident. Good cup manager maybe but when was the last time he won a league title?

It also looks like many of Liverpool's problems may have been as a direct result of his management. Let's remember that even he could not get Torres scoring at Chelsea despite their history at Liverpool.

I hold no brief for Benitez, but............

It is a bit mission impossible. Do you blame a top tier European manager for putting a clause in that says he's not going down to the second division as a consequence of years of mismanagement by others?

Liverpool's problems? Well it all goes in cycles and no team can be top dog all the time. Look at the state of United under that cloggie fella with the briefcase. I don't think Christ himself could have got Torres scoring again. He was crocked and Liverpool got rid at the right time.

liverpool have gone backwards since he left

The 2009 Open championship went from being the best one ever to a massive downer, when Tom Watson almost won but bogeyed the final hole. I have a horrible feeling that Leicester are Tom Watson and Spurs are the slaphead Stewart Cink. Nobody was pleased when he won, not even him.

It makes sense for both sides.

And it isn't about winning the league. It's about keeping them up.

I'm by no means a big fan of Benitez but it's an excellent appointment for Newcastle.

And Torres was finished at Liverpool. Injuries took the half a yard that made him top class rather than ordinary. Exactly the same happened with Shevchenko.

The issue with a relegation release clause for a manager in is, in my eyes, that it shows a lack of commitment to the players. Clearly this is another pay cheque for Benitez and he has no real interest in Newcastle.

That makes him no different to a lot of the players currently at Newcastle so why would they be any more motivated to play for him than McLaren? Benitez does not have a transfer window to bring in new players so he must use what is already there and those players are the ones who got Newcastle into this predicament.

Archived