Premiership 2015/16

ans

The relegation clause works both ways. Shearer wanted to stay on but the club evoked the relegation clause to get rid. Maybe Newcastle will want shut if they're on reduced income in the Championship.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue with a relegation release clause for a manager in is, in my eyes, that it shows a lack of commitment to the players. Clearly this is another pay cheque for Benitez and he has no real interest in Newcastle.

That makes him no different to a lot of the players currently at Newcastle so why would they be any more motivated to play for him than McLaren? Benitez does not have a transfer window to bring in new players so he must use what is already there and those players are the ones who got Newcastle into this predicament.

Everyone knows this. It's a business, nothing more. It's a pay cheque for everyone involved. So let's see what he can do. If he keeps them up it is worth at least 50 million to them just next season.

the last couple of places benitez has been he has failed miserably. I can't stand Newcastle due to fat boy Ashley so I hope benitez continues with his recent run of success

winning the europa league and top 4 with the little horse that was chelsea, champions league qualification and italian cup with napoli thaen real were 2 points behind barca when rafa was sacked now they are about 12 behind

the last couple of places benitez has been he has failed miserably. I can't stand Newcastle due to fat boy Ashley so I hope benitez continues with his recent run of success

If winning the Champions League is failing then I wish my team would fail in such a manner.

If winning the Champions League is failing then I wish my team would fail in such a manner.

His last couple of jobs have been at Napoli and Real Madrid, which one of those won the champions league?

His last couple of jobs have been at Napoli and Real Madrid, which one of those won the champions league?

True, perhaps I read your post too quickly. I think he's a pretty good manager, his dismissal from Real Madrid was odd. As a Sunderland fan I hope he fails at Newcastle though.

And for such an improved performance they still got no points! The fat waiter is not the answer for Newcastle and they will be relegated and without a manager again very soon!

The Newcastle fans will love it though until they realise just how sure their situation is.

They are a passionate and misguided bunch in that part of the world!

Archived