Premiership 2015/16

ans

so you have watched it on youtube yet still feel it was a "rant" manxman?

i thought at the time it was a selfless act by rafa to take attention away from stevie me after he chinned the guy at the disco. it was quite big news until the "rant" and happened the night after liverpool thrashed newcastle away to put themselves firmly in the premiership race. fat sam wouldnt even get considered for the jobs rafa has had, and rightly so. find me a west ham fan with anyything good to say about him- and he kept them up!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

find me a west ham fan with anyything good to say about him- and he kept them up!

True. But it says more about West Ham fans with delusions of grandeur than it says about Sam.

I think West Ham's delusions may be realised shortly. In part because of the work Sam did. They'll be regular top four contenders, soon, might even be this year.

I am guessing you are a Liverpool fan then TSE? You seem to be besotted with Benitez and scathing of a manager who is known to dislike him as well as a very poor opinion of Roy Hodgson.

Benetiz is a decent manager but I still stand by my assertion that he is over rated as a result of his achievements with Valencia and Liverpool. The rest of his career has been pretty average considering the teams he has managed.

Compare Benitez with Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger all of whom have sustained success over a long period or won trophies at multiple clubs. Mourinho has won league titles in Portugal, England, Spain and Italy. Wenger has/had a period of sustained success with Arsenal winning the league numerous times. Ferguson's United dominated English football and won the Champions League twice. Ferguson was also successful with Aberdeen in the Scottish League and in Europe.

As for Newcastle getting a manager who is "out of their league" bear in mind that Bobby Robson has also managed that club. A British manager with a pretty decent record and achievements in multiple countries.

Newcastle United, defined by strength of support, dominating its one-club city and tradition is a big club. I believe I read that it is the 5th best supported club in Europe. It is only woeful mismanagement that makes it look feeble enough for a manager to be "out of their league".

Archived